Rules

TripleA (Play by Forum)
    Spring 42 2E
    Latest Rules + FAQs
    All optionals are off
    Single elimination

Choosing Sides

You will be bidding for the Allies.
    Full placement bids.  Standard bid rules apply (can only place bid in spots or sea zones where you already have units of that nation, example - you can’t place Russian units in US, or UK units in Russia, etc.)
    You will bid in IPC, but you can spend the bid on units once bidding is completed and you can split your bid however you see fit - example 3 ipc to Russia and 3 to UK or just all 6 to Russia, etc.
    Bidding will be done in an Auction Style via PM between the players.
    Once brackets are assigned I will do a random roll for each round to see which player will start the bidding (either top player on bracket or bottom).  The players will then bid down until one player concedes the sides.

Example
    Player 1 - I’ll play the Allies with 12
    Player 2 - I’ll play the Allies with 10
    Player 1 - I’ll play the Allies with 7
    Player 2 - You win, you can take the Allies with 7

Tentative start date will be Aug 7.  (may be pushed up if we stop getting replies)
    Official schedule will be determined once I know how many players we have.

Turn Length

Time Limits - There is a 72 hour time limit per move.

72 hour warnings: If 72 hours goes by and there is no game-play post from your opponent (i.e. at least a game decision made), simply post “bump” and the number of the bump (Bump#1, Bump #2, or Bump #3), which creates the warning. (Note: only post “bump” in your warnings to make it clear you are issuing a warning. Do not add any small talk or other game talk in your warning post.)

Bump warning and consequences - Each “bump” warning resets the clock for another 72 hrs. However, on the 4th “bump” warning the offending player will be disqualified and declared the loser for that game. (Note: You get only 3 warnings per game.) You must post the warning when it happens (or before the next move has been made by your opponent). You cannot retroactively issue a “bump” warning. (For example, if the game is in round 8 you cannot go back and issue a warning that occurred in round 7). “Bump” warnings can be issued for posting of partial turns (i.e. someone only posted their purchases), OOL requests, map questions, etc. but they follow the same 72 hour requirement.

Exceptions -

1. Weekend Players. If you can only play on the weekend or on certain days, please state when you sign up, and let your opponent know once your game starts.
    2. Vacations/Absences - Please specify the duration of your absence in your game or if you know ahead of time post in the sign up as well.

Basically let your opponent know if you are going to be gone or unable to post in 72hrs so you don’t get a warning or a DQ. No one wants a cheap win and most players are very reasonable when it comes to “Hey just to let you know, I’m going to be gone the next 6 days” type stuff.

Order of loss

When determining an order of loss for your opponent, you should always endeavor to give him or her the maximum defense value possible. If your opponent wants to keep different units as survivors, then they will be permitted to do so. If your opponent disagrees that you gave him maximum defense, you are expected to satisfy his concern. Benefit of the doubt always goes to the defender when the attacker is making assumptions.

When in doubt ask!

–----------------------------------

Number of players

I’ll wait for at least 8 players before we start. If we don’t get 8, the start may be delayed.

(Please copy and paste the list in your post. Feel free to add more slots if needed)

1. DarthMaximus

Reserves:

• 1. DarthMaximus
    2. calvinhobbesliker

Reserves:

• 1. DarthMaximus
    2. calvinhobbesliker
    3. P@nther

Reserves:

• Edit: By way of an update to help you decide whether I should be included I have now beaten hard AI allies as axis, while giving AI a 21 bid, and also beaten hard AI axis as allies with AI having an 8 bid. If I improve upon this I will change this edit.

Played 4 games of 42.2 against a human. One was against a first timer, which I won as allies with no bid. Other three against a player of many years standing. One agreed draw and one contested draw/loss (my version is the draw!) both with me as axis and the allies having no bid, one a loss (me as allies with a 12 bid). Also 15+ games of 41 and currently on my 2nd & 3rd of 40 global.

I am including all this information to help you make the right decision for your tournament. I will not be upset if I am not included. :-)

1. DarthMaximus
    2. calvinhobbesliker
    3. P@nther

Reserves:

1. Private Panic

• '19 '18 '17 '16 '15

1. DarthMaximus
    2. calvinhobbesliker
    3. P@nther
    4. Innohub :evil:

Reserves:

1. Private Panic

• '17 '16 '15

I`m on vacation and not able to start before Aug 12!

1. DarthMaximus
    2. calvinhobbesliker
    3. P@nther
    4. Innohub  :evil:
    5. Geograph

Reserves:

1. Private Panic

• '17 '16 '15 '14

Add me in…  I have not played a complete game against a person.  Each time we try to play, whiskey happens, lake house happens, lots of beer happens and there is nothing after 3 turns.

black_elk has a lot of great advice.  i watched the replay against the computer where Russia lost badly.  what i saw was a total reverse where Germany got totally screwed.  Actuatlly, I think he knew of a bug in the AI which he could exploit.  There were times that I would have gone for the chance to take Russia however Germany AI just doesn’t work…

I would like to play Allies with Russian bomber…  this game is all about dice.  Why is it that when I play Axis, i’m totally lost and have no clue as to my offensive?

craykirk added.

@craykirk:

Add me in…  I have not played a complete game against a person.  Each time we try to play, whiskey happens, lake house happens, lots of beer happens and there is nothing after 3 turns.

Lol!
    No worries on the experience.  It’s basically for fun.  Most players in the past have had good times and you get to see how different things play out form other games.

Oh which brings me to another “rule”, no commenting on other peoples games as they are in progress.  Kind of obvious but no real strategy discussions until the game is over.

–-------------------------------

1. DarthMaximus
    2. calvinhobbesliker
    3. P@nther
    4. Innohub  :evil:
    5. Geograph
    6. craykirk

Reserves:

1. Private Panic

• @DarthMaximus:

No worries on the experience.  It’s basically for fun.  Most players in the past have had good times and you get to see how different things play out form other games.

I guess that means I am in too Darth?

@Private:

@DarthMaximus:

No worries on the experience. It’s basically for fun. Most players in the past have had good times and you get to see how different things play out form other games.

I guess that means I am in too Darth?

Great!

I’ll bump you up and add you in. That said if you do want to stay as a reserve. Just go ahead and alter the list.

I’ve played lots of other A&A games but I’m still fairly new to 42.2, so I’d just like to see what other players do. :-)
    And see if there are any “Oh I never thought of that” type moves. :-)

Plus it might help to draw some traffic and maybe get a few more players.

–------------------------------

1. DarthMaximus
    2. calvinhobbesliker
    3. P@nther
    5. Geograph
    6. craykirk
    7. Private Panic

Reserves:

One week to go for sign up!  :-D

We’ve got 7, if we could get to 8 that would be perfect.  That said if we get more, I’ll figure out the brackets.  It might mean an extra game for a few people but it shouldn’t be too much trouble.

As a note, I would volunteer for any extra game or play-in game if you will (if we had 9).  Since I’m running the tourney, I don’t think it would be appropriate if I had a “bye” or played less games.

• '18 '17 '16

If no other player will join in the upcoming days until deadline, count me in.

Problem: I will be in vacation in the next days from Aug 8th until Aug 16th…unfortunately without internet (Northern Germany wilderness…) Perhaps my children can give me a hotspot with their mobiles, but I don’t know it eventually.

Some questions occured:

• will the tournament be played with low luck rules or with regular dice?
    • how does a forum game work (send in turns, edit turns, battle calculation, receiving turns)?
    • is there a definite hosting time (e.g., is it possible to send in more turns and only the turn sent finally counts in)?

• @dedo:

• how does a forum game work (send in turns, edit turns, battle calculation, receiving turns)?
    • is there a definite hosting time (e.g., is it possible to send in more turns and only the turn sent finally counts in)?

Everything is done using TripleA, see

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=18278.0
    http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=27127.0

and browse through
    http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?board=40.0

to get an idea about it.

Just ask if you have further questions.  :-)

Dedo -

No problem on the Aug 16 start.  We have another player who won’t be available until Aug 12 I believe.  As long as we know up front we can work around it.

To expand on P@ther’s post.  We use TripleA.  It automatically posts the turns to the forum. 
    It will be dice based (not Low Luck), and the dice rolls get emailed to each player.

If you download TripleA you can test it out.
    The links P@ther posted should be helpful to check out what a game turn looks like and how to get TripleA.

The total tournament time (if we had 8 players) will probably be close to 3 months plus.  Games can take 3-4 weeks maybe even a little longer.  The expectation (per rules) is that you can do a turn (one countries move) every 72 hrs.  Players tend to play a lot faster though.  A turn a day is pretty common, so that ends up being maybe 2-3 rds a week.  So a 10-12 round game might take 3-5 weeks.

I’ll wait for your reply to confirm entry.

• '18 '17 '16

Count me in, thanks to Panter and you for the additional information. I know tripleA, already installed, but never played a game via forum.

Excellent!
    That gives us 8.  We have a few more days in case anyone else wants to join in.

–------------------------------

1. DarthMaximus
    2. calvinhobbesliker
    3. P@nther
    5. Geograph
    6. craykirk
    7. Private Panic
    8. Dedo

Reserves:

• '17 '16 '15 '14

I will be on vacation from 8/7 thru 8/17

Do we have to sign up for a dice server?

• @craykirk:

Do we have to sign up for a dice server?

Yes, we use this one:

http://dice.tripleawarclub.org/register.php

@craykirk:

I will be on vacation from 8/7 thru 8/17

No problem.

The sign-up will be open for a few more days.
    (Add more slots if needed)

Players:

1. DarthMaximus
    2. calvinhobbesliker
    3. P@nther
    5. Geograph
    6. craykirk
    7. Private Panic
    8. Dedo

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures