• I thought I played the Allies remarkably well. I took Borneo with Australia. Held Japan off a good amount from advancing to Moscow. Took back all of Africa and have six units in Egypt. Completely control the Atlantic and Med. Have U.S. And UK troops in Karelia, Archangel and Norway. I have 50 infantry in Moscow compared to maybe 25 units in Caucacus.

Caucasus was lost and Japan and Germany are heavily fortified. And Japan managed to take out 18 infantry on Western USA with four fighters, four tanks, eight infantry with three tanks remaining.

They now have loads of troops in Gemany, Caucacus and Western Europe.
    They will be able to build 10 units in the USA and are flying their bombers over.

I’ll be able to hold karlelua so I won’t lose be t turn but with Japan holding the western usa( off some lucky rolling) have I likely lost?

USA earning 29 or 30, UK 27, Russia 16.
    Germany 43 and Japan 51 or so.

Russia’s turn. Has anyone won with the western USA gonzo?

• While it certainly sucks to have lost the Western US, that situation isn’t necessarily beyond hope. You didn’t provide a clear picture of your present assets and their locations. If you are able to immediately recapture Western US and hold it, that would return the IPC count to around Allies 82 Axis 84. That coupled with complete control of Africa, the Atlantic, and Med could be a salvageable situation. You did however make some comments that made it sound like your situation probably is/was beyond any realistic hope of recovery.  When you stated that Japan will be able to build ten units on Western US, that sounds as though you do not have the force needed to recapture it. If you are unable to recapture Western US, and you are not already posing serious threat to the German capital, you are toast.

IPC income is extremely important, but it is not everything.  IPC income advantage isn’t always realized.  If you have enough bombers within striking range of the German and/or Japanese IC’s you’d could trash the axis production capacity and possibly buy yourself some time to turn the table.  Granted, all things being equal, I would certainly like the IPC advantage, but an income disadvantage isn’t a death sentence unless it is prolonged and you are unable to keep your opponent from being able to realize a greater production capacity.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m