Allies (+16) vs. Axis (darkskies) Coop

• Ready when you are  :-).

We are trying to find an allied answer to the much dreaded axis ‘dark skies’ strategy.

Let me kick off the coop spirit of the game:
    The axis strategy is set; Germany will play its ‘dark skies’ scheme, combined with a J1/J2 ‘Cow-style’.
    ABH, axis-dominion, what do you think should be the first allied strategy tried here? In other words, what allied strategy do you think has the best chances of success?! (any1 else who follows this game is welcome to comment as well, ofc.). Just the basic strategy in a few words without details. Details can be filled in during play if necessary.

My two cents: I think there are but 3 basic strategy options for the allies. The best of which, in this scenario is the ‘semi-KJF’ (because of the huge danger of loosing in the Pacific). USA starts out by focusing much more on Japan but should gradually allocate more and more IPCs over to Europe. This is not a ‘true KJF’, although that is one of the other options I see for the allies.

Happy gaming!

• Test summary from TripleA, engine version: 1.8.0.5, time: 17:28:15

• Test summary from TripleA, engine version: 1.8.0.5, time: 19:07:27

• TripleA Manual Gamesave Post for game: World War II Global 1940 2nd Edition, version: 3.9

Game History

Round: 1

Purchase Units - Germans

• Updating my Triple A to newest version and then starting.

• Scrambles?

SZ 110: 
    3 fighters, 3 tacs, Battleship

SZ 111:
    2 subs, 2 bombers, fighter, tac

I assume no scrambles, but don’t want want to presume anything until I’m used to your style.  In general I won’t be scrambling when there is overwhelming attacking force.

• you should post the game save whenever you ask for scramble/intercept/ool decisions, so they can review it, along with other factors such as what you purchased and your other combat movements

• Germans buy 1 bomber and 1 carrier; Remaining resources: 2 PUs;

• Test summary from TripleA, engine version: 1.8.0.5, time: 12:13:14

• Assumed right, sir! No scrambles.
    With overwhelming force I don’t scramble. If the force is not so overwhelming, or the air-losses on the attackers side would be bigger if I’d scramble… well, ask ;-).

Would you be so kind to remove that bid-Russian ART and place it in Alexandria instead?
    On second thought I don’t think it’s a good idea to spread the bid. Better keep them as close together in one area.
    I don’t think this will affect Germany’s turn, but feel free to redo anything otherwise.

I hope the difference in time-zones is no problem for us.

• AD,  would you be able to restart with the art in Alexandria instead of Novgorod?

I’m in Denver, USA.  I assume that we probably will just be doing one attack per day each.

• you can just use edit mode to change units around

• Indeed. I edited it for you in the attached save, but you can do it yourself as well with the save you have, for practice. We’ll be editing more, I think…

Cool, Denver. I’m in The Hague. And I don’t really care for how fast we play, as long as any delay is communicated.

• '14 Customizer

Definitely following this one.  Good Luck guys!

• Thanks! And feel free to comment during the game.

This is a whole new (and different) type of game for me, assuming my Japanese opponent will force a KJF upon me (you probably know how I hate that ;-)). I don’t have a lot of training in that I must be honest. I definately see the problem for the USA, but no1 has ever forced me to do it.
    I have about 3 ideas about how to deal with massive bombers, but I can only try 1 idea at a time and since 2 of them involve KJF more or less…

Ah heck, I’m not giving too much away ;-). Even though Japan can force the USA 's hand, there is still some leeway for a quick build-up in Europe. Maybe I’ll try that first if only to reconfirm to myself what the limits are for the USA investing in Europe with a J1 (or perhaps J2).

• Definitely do comment.  This will be a J1 unless Russia does something unusual/silly.

• Here is the save file for the end of Germany.  It was quite successful:  strafing Yugo, sinking fleet, but the capture of Paris was a little rough, yet still successful.

• arthur, you don’t need to save the file and then attach it in here. that’s too much work.

all you have to do is, when you load the game save:

1. select “Start PBEM (Play-By-Email/Forum) Game” (NOT Start Local Game)
    2. everything should already be configured, since i set it up, except you have to enter your Login and password under the “Play By Forum” section
    3. once you enter your credentials, and be sure to have “Also Post After Combat Move” checked, click “Play” button
    4. then you simply play your turn out, and at the end, click “Post Turn Summary” (with at least the bottom two check boxes checked)

• to clarify, you enter your axisandallies.org creds, so triplea can post for you

• Indeed. It is a little more work at start, but once the game is rolling that’s no more.

• Before you can play online you also need to be registered at tripleawarclub.org for TripleA gaming. I don’t know if you already done this, but if not, go do that first :-).
      If this has been done and working, you should follow the steps AD posted.

• Perhaps under ‘Play By Forum’ (step 2) you may have to select ‘AxisAndAllies.org’, as this option started at ‘disabled’ to me.
      Then you can fill in your credentials as AD described in step 2. In case it is NOT already filled in for you (I can’t remember if it was for me), ‘Topic ID’ should be 35507.

Since this game is started as a dice game instead of the Low Luck that we both wanted, I suggest you redo the German turn, as I can’t get Low Luck properly set once already started out as dice. The save I provided is set to Low Luck. I already placed the allied bids (which you should be able to see in the game history).

Dark Skies playtest, game1.tsvg

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m