Amphibious Assault Clarification and Kamikaze

• I think I know the answer to this but my friend wanted me to ask. He wants to invade the Phillipines, but does not want to trigger Japan’s kamikaze rule since he is the US player. He says that he is declaring his amphibious assault from SZ 42, and then picking up stuff from Java to invade the Phillipines. He says that should not trigger kamikaze since he is declaring it from another SZ and not SZ 35 (Phillipines). I told him that’s balderdash since it doesn’t matter where he starts his combat movement. If he’s invading the Phillipines, he ends up in SZ 35, and therefore triggers kamikaze. Who is correct? Me or my friend? Thank you again.

• If the allies initiate combat in a kamikaze sea zone, then the Japanese player can opt to use the kamikaze tokens in that combat. That’s really all there is to it. It doesn’t matter where the allied units start on their combat move phase.

• That is right. Bear in mind, Transports, Subs and Air units do not trigger a Kamikaze option. If your friend enters SZ35, without a Surface Warship, you can’t opt to call a Kamikaze strike.
    Excuse me if you were aware of that.

• Thank you. I was tracking the TPT and sub rules in regards to Kamikaze.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m