• Hi,

I have a question about AA guns. From the wording in the manual, where the rules for AA guns are a bit spread out over multiple sections, I haven’t been able to get a clear picture.

I’m torn between two possibilities:

– No matter what route an aircraft uses to get to a target territory (for a land battle or for a Strategic bombing raid), only an AA gun on the target territory gets to attack it

or

– Every time an aircraft enters an enemy territory with an AA gun, that AA gun gets to attack it, irrespective of whether it’s the target territory or just a “stepping stone” on the way to the target territory

Which is it? Of course, if both are incorrect, please let me know what the true story is  :-) .

Thanks,

ZeusEQW

• I am afraid if is your second choice.
    In 1986 A&A both flying over a territory in Combat Move  and attacking a territory with an AA gun, means an Air unit must undergo an attack from both AA units.
    Air are not subject to AA Attack in the Non Combat Movement Action.

• This is the first game I bought, back in 90. I did play Classic at university, just never bought a copy.
    Have you picked it up second hand or always owned it? I threw mine out when I moved house 5 years ago. Am so annoyed!
    I think yhe newer games are better, by the way. Hope you enjoy yours.

• I’ve always owned it  :-). But last time I played it was probably about 10 years ago.

But last Saturday we played Risk on our monthly board games day, a first for many players there, and judging by their reactions the time seems ripe to follow it up with A&A, so I’m reading up on the rules. I tried making sense of all the variants and newer versions that have come out, but while I like some of the newer boards (with the larger territories split up) and some of the new units, I prefer a board where there’s no supply convoys and extra (to me anyway) stuff like that.

Anyway, thank you guys for your quick replies!

• Thank you for the post. Good luck with the game. Hope you have a few new converts.
    Ask again if anything seems unclear.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m