Stalingradski v Infrastructure

• Here’s our new thread - best of luck.

• Test summary from TripleA, engine version: 1.8.0.5, time: 17:06:17

• Rules:
    Tech;
        Each major power will gain 5% of IPCs spent as tech level.  (Fractions remain.)
        In addition they may spend up to 5% in IPCs to raise their tech level.  (The amount they can spend is rounded down to the closest whole IPC amount).
        A Major Power must be at war with at least two other Major Powers to spend additional IPCs.
        When a Major Power’s tech level reaches 10.00 they gain a researcher token at the beginiing of their next turn.  These researchers remain until a tech is attained and then all that Major Power’s researchers are removed.
        In game a Major Power will make a post to the forum after purchase announcing if they spent any and showing their new tech level.  (Cut and Paste with all tech levels for all Major Powers shown will hopefully be best.)
        A Major Power has the ability to spend 1 ipc to purchase an intelligence token that can give a known tech to an ally.  This unit most be attached to  a unit.  It may move between units.  There is no penalty to move between units of the same nationality on its turn, but to move the token to an ally’s unit it must be transferred on the current unit’s nation’s turn (the tokens current unit can’t have moved yet this turn, but may move after transfer) the tokens new unit may then move on the new nations turn.  When this token is in the Capitol of an ally that ally gains that tech after its build phase.

New Fallen Major Power Rule:
        If the ally of a major power that has lost its capital occupies an original  territory of that fallen power and it is not already occupied by another allied power than they may dedicate a  land unit in that territory for a full turn and gain control of it.  (Effectively the same as taking control by combat.)

New 3 Round Rule:
        Battles only last 3 rounds.  At the end of round 3 the attacker must retreat following the standard retreat rules of the game.
        EXCEPTION; The first game turn has a four round limit instead of 3.
        EXCEPTION II; Amphibious assaults in which at least 50% of participants are amphibious shall go unlimited rounds until resolution.
        In any amphibious and land combined assaults that are not 50% or over amphibious the battle goes 3 rounds only before retreat, additionally all amphibious units must be the first casualties and will be lost even if not taken as casualties when retreat happens after 3 rounds.

Convoy Rules Changes:
        To bring the convoy raiding a little closer to our house rules we will put a limit of 3max damage per unit per round.
        In game edit before the final post will work best I think.

New extreme lowluckish 1/3 rule:
        In any combat where the number of casualties for one side or the other is 1/3 or less of what it should be we shall edit the battle to 1/3.  Standard rounding rules apply.
        In game the battle calculator will be the key tool in determining if edit is needed.

New victory conditions:
          8vc europe but 12 or more gloabally or 6vc pacific but 12 or more globally.

• Ger spends 30.

Technology;
    GER: 1.5, RUS 0, JPN: 0, USA: 0, GBR: 0, ITA: 0, ANZ: 0

• TripleA Manual Gamesave Post for game: World War II Global 1940 Alpha 3, version: 3.6

Game History

Round: 1

Politics - Russians

• I don’t understand why it didn’t post here - the test worked fine. I posted it under a new feature called ‘TripleA Manual Gamesave Post’… maybe I need to go back to the setup to see why it didn’t auto post when I was done with my turn.

I had pretty incredible German dice and need some help figuring SZ 111… by our rules, should I have lost a sub regardless? My hunch says no, but we need to refine how we round fractions.

• Test summary from TripleA, engine version: 1.8.0.5, time: 19:13:31

• I just figured it out, I think… I hadn’t put the game id number in the right place, so it didn’t post here. Should be fixed.

• When I reloaded the game, it didn’t have the correct number automatically loaded in - you’ll need to add 35367.0 to the saved game.

• Again, for reasons unknown, the saved file didn’t have the ‘play by server’ section enabled… not sure if all this stuff is just me shaking off a year of rust…

Please make sure you check it before you take your Russian move.

• TripleA Manual Gamesave Post for game: World War II Global 1940 Alpha 3, version: 3.6

Game History

Politics - Russians

Research Technology - Russians

• @Stalingradski:

I had pretty incredible German dice and need some help figuring SZ 111… by our rules, should I have lost a sub regardless? My hunch says no, but we need to refine how we round fractions.

hmm.  This is the extreme of what we should see it comes down to rounding .51 up to a hit.  Do we believe a dominant force (1.06 rds to win on average) against a batt, a dest, and a crz should warrant a guaranteed hit?
    In our face to face system we would have had a guarantee hit.  I don’t mind it.  This is a playtest…
    If you feel strongly about changing it we can.

• You id have an even luckier turn than I did with germany.  France was roughest of all!

• Rus spends 37.

GER: 1.5t, RUS 1.9t, JPN: 0t, USA: 0t, GBR: 0t, ITA: 0t, ANZ: 0t

I have not edited the sub off scotland yet as we may need to discuss…

• I believe we should round up a .51 to a hit - it’s in the spirit of what we’re doing… I’ll edit out the sub ~

Also, when you sent the game back, same situation that it didn’t post all the details… what up? I’ll try to fix it this time if I can. I’m not sure if I’ll be doing these tonight or not.

• oops - I’ll wait for you to run the round :)

• TripleA Turn Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 Alpha 3, version: 3.6

Game History

Politics - Russians

Purchase Units - Russians
                Russians buy 1 artillery and 11 infantry; Remaining resources: 0 PUs;

Combat Move - Russians

Non Combat Move - Russians
                1 submarine moved from 127 Sea Zone to 125 Sea Zone
                3 infantry moved from Vyborg to Novgorod
                2 infantry moved from Karelia to Novgorod
                3 infantry moved from Baltic States to Belarus
                2 infantry moved from Eastern Poland to Belarus
                2 infantry moved from Bessarabia to Western Ukraine
                3 infantry moved from Ukraine to Western Ukraine
                1 armour and 1 mech_infantry moved from Volgograd to Bryansk
                1 armour and 1 mech_infantry moved from Russia to Bryansk
                6 infantry moved from Novgorod to Belarus
                1 aaGun and 1 artillery moved from Novgorod to Belarus
                1 infantry moved from Archangel to Belarus
                1 infantry moved from Russia to Bryansk
                1 aaGun moved from Russia to Samara
                1 aaGun moved from Russia to Bryansk
                1 artillery moved from Russia to Bryansk
                1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber moved from Russia to Novgorod
                2 infantry moved from Caucasus to Rostov
                5 infantry moved from Buryatia to Amur
                2 aaGuns and 6 infantry moved from Sakha to Amur
                1 infantry moved from Buryatia to Amur

Place Units - Russians
                1 artillery and 2 infantry placed in Novgorod
                3 infantry placed in Ukraine
                5 infantry placed in Russia
                1 infantry placed in Volgograd

Turn Complete - Russians
                Russians collect 37 PUs; end with 37 PUs total

• i figure russias move wont effect that german sub decision.

• I’ll lose the sub when I run my turn -

• JPN spends 26.

GER: 1.5t, RUS 1.9t, JPN: 1.3t, USA: 0t, GBR: 0t, ITA: 0t, ANZ: 0t

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m