• Hi,

If Russia not at war yet with either European Axis or Japan, are they able to enter China via the 3 Western territories of China ( which would automatically be a declare war on Japan ) or is it they MUST only meet Japan on land via Amur/Manchuria to declare war on Japan?

So this applies to the UK then too, UK must wait for land or sea action to collide with Japan on land ( Shan State ) or at sea for the UK to enter China.

I do see it on the rules clearly on pg 33/34, but my question on Russia entering China via Western territories it doesn’t say.

My heart says it CAN’T enter China ( same for UK situation ) to declare war on Japan, only via Amur/Manchuria.

Just curious.

Thanks

BH

• Morning Bravehart.
    Russia can only enter China, if they are at war with Japan. Then they can enter the Western territories or move into Manchuria or Korea.
    UK also needs to declare war on Japan, before they enter China. Unless Japan has already done so.

• Either UK or USSR can declare war on Japan at any time.  Such an action requires no pieces to actually move.

USSR can enter China with a simple declaration before the Combat Move phase.  However, they cannot ATTACK a Japanese-held territory adjacent to Manchuria without consequences.  If they do, they will never receive the Manchurian troops if attacked.

UK can enter China after a declaration, however this will not bring the US into war with Japan until Turn 3 or a Japanese declaration against US, whichever comes first.

I know it’s confusing.

• We are all up early…too early…or late!

So, if Russia did go through into China via any of the 3 Western territories, it will announce it is now at war with Japan, correct?

BH

• Sponsor

@Bravehart:

We are all up early…too early…or late!

So, if Russia did go through into China via any of the 3 Western territories, it will announce it is now at war with Japan, correct?

BH

Correct.

• @robbie358:

USSR can enter China with a simple declaration before the Combat Move phase. � However, they cannot ATTACK a Japanese-held territory adjacent to Manchuria without consequences. � If they do, they will never receive the Manchurian troops if attacked.

This also includes Korea, even though it is not adjacent to Mongolia.

• followup?

if russia declears war on Japan, is UK automatically in war with Japan?

• No.
    Russia and Japan’s status (at war or not at war) is completely separate from Japan and the Western Allies’ status. One does not bring on the other.

• Official Q&A

Incorrect.  UK units may not move into or through China unless UK-ANZAC is at war with Japan.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m