14L Playoff R1 wheatbeer (Axis) vs Gamerman (Allies +22)

• '17

Bid placement: art Kweichow, subs to SZs 91, 98, and 111

Good luck, hope it’s a fun one  :-D

• '17

Test summary from TripleA, engine version: 1.8.0.3, time: 15:52:41

• '17

TripleA Move Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 2nd Edition, version: 3.9

Game History

Round: 1

Purchase Units - Germans
                Germans buy 1 carrier; Remaining resources: 14 PUs;

Combat Move - Germans
                1 submarine moved from 124 Sea Zone to 111 Sea Zone
                1 battleship moved from 113 Sea Zone to 111 Sea Zone
                1 tactical_bomber moved from Germany to 111 Sea Zone
                1 fighter moved from Norway to 111 Sea Zone
                1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber moved from Western Germany to 111 Sea Zone
                1 fighter moved from Holland Belgium to 109 Sea Zone
                1 fighter and 2 tactical_bombers moved from Western Germany to 109 Sea Zone
                2 bombers moved from Germany to 109 Sea Zone
                1 submarine moved from 108 Sea Zone to 109 Sea Zone
                1 submarine moved from 117 Sea Zone to 106 Sea Zone
                1 submarine moved from 118 Sea Zone to 111 Sea Zone
                1 submarine moved from 103 Sea Zone to 106 Sea Zone
                3 armour, 2 artilleries and 4 infantry moved from Holland Belgium to France
                1 artillery and 3 infantry moved from Western Germany to France
                2 mech_infantrys moved from Western Germany to France
                2 artilleries and 4 infantry moved from Greater Southern Germany to Yugoslavia
                1 armour moved from Slovakia Hungary to Yugoslavia
                1 armour moved from Romania to Yugoslavia
                1 tactical_bomber moved from Poland to Yugoslavia
                1 fighter moved from Slovakia Hungary to Southern France
                1 armour moved from Greater Southern Germany to Southern France
                1 mech_infantry moved from Western Germany to Southern France
                1 mech_infantry moved from Western Germany to France
                2 armour moved from Greater Southern Germany to France

• '17

scramble SZ109/SZ111?

Also would you prefer to roll SZ111 with forum dice? (to see the full roll prior to casualty selection) Or should I proceed in tripleA since we both have battleships to soak up a round 1 sub hit?

• Scramble to 111, but nothing to 109

Yes, 111 it would be a good idea to roll it all on the forum.  Please roll it out on the forum, then delete destroyed units before clicking to roll on TripleA to avoid any confusion.  You can delete units in the middle of the combat phase for battles that haven’t been rolled yet.

• '17

okay, I rolled all the other battles first, here’s the map in case that influences your choices

everythingbutsz111.tsvg

• Righto - I’ll stick around so you can finish this turn

• '17

Germans sz111 r1
    2 sub, 2 fighter, 2 tact, 1 battleship
    (tacts rolled seperate from bb since I have no dd)

DiceRolls: 2@2 2@3 2@4 1@4; Total Hits: 52@2: (1, 4)2@3: (6, 1)2@4: (2, 4)1@4: (2)

• '17

That is really lame … if you get a lousy defense roll, then I am open to some kind of mercy. I don’t want to boot you from the playoffs due to luck (had great dice already in my other battles).

• Man, this has been extreme.  You got away with every gamble.  And no I’m not taking any of your mercy offers.  You needed an entire game of great luck to get me last year….  :-)

I guess I’ll keep the battleship in 111

• '17

True enough  :lol:

UK r1
    1 sub, 1 dd, 1 cru, 1 bb, 1 fig (dies rolled in same order)

DiceRolls: 1@1 1@2 1@3 1@4 1@4; Total Hits: 21@1: (2)1@2: (6)1@3: (2)1@4: (4)1@4: (6)

• Nothing wrong with beating me if the dice cooperate for you.  That’s why we’re playing the game.  You’re worthy of being the 2015 league champion, or you wouldn’t be in the playoff.  I don’t think there’s been a league champion who had poor luck in the playoffs.  Champions get decent, good, or great luck  :-)  You’re well on your way

• '17

Germany damages it’s battleship and loses the tact with fewer movement left.

Germans r2

subs surprise strikes

DiceRolls: 2@2; Total Hits: 02@2: (6, 3)

2 fig, 1 tact, 1 bb

DiceRolls: 2@3 2@4; Total Hits: 32@3: (5, 3)2@4: (2, 1)

• '17

UK bb

DiceRolls: 1@4; Total Hits: 11@4: (3)

• WOOT!!  2 subs miss on surprise strike, and Her Royal Shipness HITS

hits a sub……  :-P

• German plane down!  I smell blood!  :roll:

• '17

shot just missed my sub  :-P

Germany sinks its bb (since it’ll die anyways on UK1)

I survive with 2 sub, 2 fig, 1 tact

• '17

TripleA Turn Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 2nd Edition, version: 3.9

Game History

Round: 1

Purchase Units - Germans
                Germans buy 1 carrier; Remaining resources: 14 PUs;

Combat Move - Germans
                1 submarine moved from 124 Sea Zone to 111 Sea Zone
                1 battleship moved from 113 Sea Zone to 111 Sea Zone
                1 tactical_bomber moved from Germany to 111 Sea Zone
                1 fighter moved from Norway to 111 Sea Zone
                1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber moved from Western Germany to 111 Sea Zone
                1 fighter moved from Holland Belgium to 109 Sea Zone
                1 fighter and 2 tactical_bombers moved from Western Germany to 109 Sea Zone
                2 bombers moved from Germany to 109 Sea Zone
                1 submarine moved from 108 Sea Zone to 109 Sea Zone
                1 submarine moved from 117 Sea Zone to 106 Sea Zone
                1 submarine moved from 118 Sea Zone to 111 Sea Zone
                1 submarine moved from 103 Sea Zone to 106 Sea Zone
                3 armour, 2 artilleries and 4 infantry moved from Holland Belgium to France
                1 artillery and 3 infantry moved from Western Germany to France
                2 mech_infantrys moved from Western Germany to France
                2 artilleries and 4 infantry moved from Greater Southern Germany to Yugoslavia
                1 armour moved from Slovakia Hungary to Yugoslavia
                1 armour moved from Romania to Yugoslavia
                1 tactical_bomber moved from Poland to Yugoslavia
                1 fighter moved from Slovakia Hungary to Southern France
                1 armour moved from Greater Southern Germany to Southern France
                1 mech_infantry moved from Western Germany to Southern France
                1 mech_infantry moved from Western Germany to France
                2 armour moved from Greater Southern Germany to France

Combat - Germans
                British scrambles 1 units out of Scotland to defend against the attack in 111 Sea Zone
                Battle in 106 Sea Zone
                    Germans attack with 2 submarines
                    British defend with 1 destroyer and 1 transport
                        Germans roll dice for 2 submarines in 106 Sea Zone, round 2 :  0/2 hits
                        British roll dice for 1 destroyer and 1 transport in 106 Sea Zone, round 2 :  0/1 hits
                        Germans roll dice for 2 submarines in 106 Sea Zone, round 3 :  0/2 hits
                        British roll dice for 1 destroyer and 1 transport in 106 Sea Zone, round 3 :  0/1 hits
                        Germans roll dice for 2 submarines in 106 Sea Zone, round 4 :  1/2 hits
                        British roll dice for 1 destroyer and 1 transport in 106 Sea Zone, round 4 :  0/1 hits
                        1 destroyer owned by the British lost in 106 Sea Zone
                        1 transport owned by the British lost in 106 Sea Zone
                        Germans roll dice for 2 submarines in 106 Sea Zone, round 5 :  1/2 hits
                    Germans win, taking 106 Sea Zone from Neutral with 2 submarines remaining. Battle score for attacker is 15
                    Casualties for British: 1 destroyer and 1 transport
                Battle in 109 Sea Zone
                    Germans attack with 2 bombers, 2 fighters, 1 submarine and 2 tactical_bombers
                    British defend with 1 destroyer and 1 transport
                        Germans roll dice for 1 submarine in 109 Sea Zone, round 2 :  0/1 hits
                        Germans roll dice for 2 bombers, 2 fighters and 2 tactical_bombers in 109 Sea Zone, round 2 :  3/6 hits
                        British roll dice for 1 destroyer and 1 transport in 109 Sea Zone, round 2 :  0/1 hits
                        1 transport owned by the British and 1 destroyer owned by the British lost in 109 Sea Zone
                    Germans win, taking 109 Sea Zone from Neutral with 2 bombers, 2 fighters, 1 submarine and 2 tactical_bombers remaining. Battle score for attacker is 15
                    Casualties for British: 1 destroyer and 1 transport
                Battle in France
                    Germans attack with 5 armour, 3 artilleries, 7 infantry and 3 mech_infantrys
                    French defend with 1 aaGun, 1 airfield, 1 armour, 1 artillery, 1 factory_major, 1 fighter and 6 infantry; British defend with 1 armour and 1 artillery
                        Germans roll dice for 5 armour, 3 artilleries, 7 infantry and 3 mech_infantrys in France, round 2 :  6/18 hits
                        French roll dice for 1 aaGun, 2 armour, 2 artilleries, 1 fighter and 6 infantry in France, round 2 :  1/11 hits
                        5 infantry owned by the French, 1 infantry owned by the Germans and 1 aaGun owned by the French lost in France
                        Germans roll dice for 5 armour, 3 artilleries, 6 infantry and 3 mech_infantrys in France, round 3 :  5/17 hits
                        French roll dice for 2 armour, 2 artilleries, 1 fighter and 1 infantry in France, round 3 :  3/6 hits
                        1 infantry owned by the French, 1 armour owned by the French, 1 armour owned by the British, 3 infantry owned by the Germans, 1 artillery owned by the British and 1 artillery owned by the French lost in France
                        Germans roll dice for 5 armour, 3 artilleries, 3 infantry and 3 mech_infantrys in France, round 4 :  5/14 hits
                        French roll dice for 1 fighter in France, round 4 :  1/1 hits
                        1 infantry owned by the Germans and 1 fighter owned by the French lost in France
                    Germans captures 19PUs while taking French capital
                    Germans converts factory_major into different units
                    Germans win, taking France from French with 5 armour, 3 artilleries, 2 infantry and 3 mech_infantrys remaining. Battle score for attacker is 38
                    Casualties for Germans: 5 infantry
                    Casualties for French: 1 aaGun, 1 armour, 1 artillery, 1 fighter and 6 infantry
                    Casualties for British: 1 armour and 1 artillery
                Battle in Southern France
                    Germans attack with 1 armour, 1 fighter and 1 mech_infantry
                    French defend with 1 artillery, 1 factory_minor, 1 harbour and 1 infantry
                        Germans roll dice for 1 armour, 1 fighter and 1 mech_infantry in Southern France, round 2 :  1/3 hits
                        French roll dice for 1 artillery and 1 infantry in Southern France, round 2 :  0/2 hits
                        1 infantry owned by the French lost in Southern France
                        Germans roll dice for 1 armour, 1 fighter and 1 mech_infantry in Southern France, round 3 :  1/3 hits
                        French roll dice for 1 artillery in Southern France, round 3 :  1/1 hits
                        1 artillery owned by the French and 1 mech_infantry owned by the Germans lost in Southern France
                    Germans win, taking Southern France from French with 1 armour and 1 fighter remaining. Battle score for attacker is 3
                    Casualties for Germans: 1 mech_infantry
                    Casualties for French: 1 artillery and 1 infantry
                Battle in Yugoslavia
                    Germans attack with 2 armour, 2 artilleries, 4 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber
                    Neutral_Allies defend with 5 infantry
                        Germans roll dice for 2 armour, 2 artilleries, 4 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber in Yugoslavia, round 2 :  2/9 hits
                        Neutral_Allies roll dice for 5 infantry in Yugoslavia, round 2 :  1/5 hits
                        1 infantry owned by the Germans and 2 infantry owned by the Neutral_Allies lost in Yugoslavia
                        Germans roll dice for 2 armour, 2 artilleries, 3 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber in Yugoslavia, round 3 :  4/8 hits
                        Neutral_Allies roll dice for 3 infantry in Yugoslavia, round 3 :  1/3 hits
                        1 infantry owned by the Germans and 3 infantry owned by the Neutral_Allies lost in Yugoslavia
                    Germans win, taking Yugoslavia from Neutral_Allies with 2 armour, 2 artilleries, 2 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber remaining. Battle score for attacker is 9
                    Casualties for Neutral_Allies: 5 infantry
                    Casualties for Germans: 2 infantry
                    Turning on Edit Mode
                    EDIT: Removing units owned by Germans from 111 Sea Zone: 1 battleship and 1 tactical_bomber
                    EDIT: Removing units owned by British from 111 Sea Zone: 1 battleship, 1 cruiser, 1 destroyer, 1 fighter and 1 submarine
                    EDIT: Turning off Edit Mode
                Battle in 111 Sea Zone
                    Germans attack with 2 fighters, 2 submarines and 1 tactical_bomber
                Trigger Germans Conquer France: Setting switch to true for conditionAttachment_French_1_Liberation_Switch attached to French

Non Combat Move - Germans
                2 fighters and 1 tactical_bomber moved from 111 Sea Zone to Western Germany
                1 fighter moved from Southern France to Northern Italy
                1 tactical_bomber moved from Yugoslavia to Southern Italy
                2 fighters and 2 tactical_bombers moved from 109 Sea Zone to Holland Belgium
                3 aaGuns moved from Western Germany to Holland Belgium
                1 aaGun moved from Germany to Western Germany
                2 aaGuns, 3 artilleries and 11 infantry moved from Germany to Poland
                3 infantry moved from Norway to Finland
                      Germans take Finland from Neutral_Axis
                1 cruiser and 1 transport moved from 114 Sea Zone to 113 Sea Zone
                2 infantry moved from Denmark to 113 Sea Zone
                2 infantry moved from 113 Sea Zone to Germany
                2 infantry moved from Greater Southern Germany to Slovakia Hungary
                2 infantry moved from Slovakia Hungary to Poland
                1 infantry moved from Romania to Slovakia Hungary
                2 bombers moved from 109 Sea Zone to Holland Belgium
                1 infantry moved from Romania to Bulgaria
                      Germans take Bulgaria from Neutral_Axis

Place Units - Germans
                1 carrier placed in 113 Sea Zone

Turn Complete - Germans
                Total Cost from Convoy Blockades: 3
                    Rolling for Convoy Blockade Damage in 93 Sea Zone. Rolls: 4,3
                Germans collect 39 PUs (3 lost to blockades); end with 72 PUs total
                Trigger Germans 5 Swedish Iron Ore: Germans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 77 PUs
                Objective Germans 1 Trade with Russia: Germans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 82 PUs

Production/PUs Summary :

Germans : 42 / 82
        Russians : 37 / 37
        Japanese : 26 / 26
        Americans : 52 / 52
        Chinese : 12 / 12
        British : 28 / 28
        UK_Pacific : 17 / 17
        Italians : 10 / 10
        ANZAC : 10 / 10
        French : 12 / 0
        Dutch : 11 / 0
        Mongolians : 0 / 0
        Neutral_Axis : 2 / 0
        Neutral_Allies : 6 / 0
        Neutral_True : 18 / 0

• @wheatbeer:

shot just missed my sub  :-P

Germany sinks its bb (since it’ll die anyways on UK1)

I survive with 2 sub, 2 fig, 1 tact

Woohoo!  Bismarck is history.  Now there’s just the 5 u-boats swarming.

Smart to place in 113 - I was all ready to counterattack 112.
    I’m gonna need every IPC of my 22 bid.

• Well, R1’s are easy for me nowadays, so I’ll crank that right out for you.  Now either dice the crap out of me again so I can give up soon, or get terrible dice so I have some hope, OK?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m