• Hi!

I just need a clarification :)

If Japan doesnt attack any allies during J1/2 and Germany doesnt attack US = US still neutral, may US still fly air into for example United Kingdom during US1/2?

If above is ok and Germany then attacks London in G2, what happends with the US air units in the fight?

• Hi Discoknect. No they cannot. Need to be Allied with the UK, which they cannot be until at war.

• @wittmann:

Hi Discoknect. No they cannot. Need to be Allied with the UK, which they cannot be until at war.

Hi!

Is that “no” as in they cant fly over?

I see the restrictions for naval units in the rules but not air units!

• Cannot fly over a Neutral or land on it, so cannot help defend against a Sealion. Sorry I was unclear.

• @wittmann:

Cannot fly over a Neutral or land on it, so cannot help defend against a Sealion. Sorry I was unclear.

True! Tanks for the help! :)

So by goin all in China with JP and not attacking allies you can isolate US to US territories until turn 3?

• That is how I play. I like to overrun China, even if the Pacific Allies get rich. I keep the US out as long as possible.
    You can soon take that income of them. Japan is far too strong,With all those planes.

• @wittmann:

That is how I play. I like to overrun China, even if the Pacific Allies get rich. I keep the US out as long as possible.
    You can soon take that income of them. Japan is far too strong,With all those planes.

Nice, do you go all in to exterminate China or leave the three areas bordering Russia as a shield?

• I don’t attack the territories that border Mongolia, but try to go as far West as possible. ElimInating China goes a long way in helping the EuroAxis and ensures Japan had income, even if it does not hold all 4 DEI islands.

• @wittmann:

I don’t attack the territories that border Mongolia, but try to go as far West as possible. ElimInating China goes a long way in helping the EuroAxis and ensures Japan had income, even if it does not hold all 4 DEI islands.

It helps Euro Axis by becoming a real eastern threat to Russia i suppose? When u go all in China, do you still build fleet at Japan to level against US build up?

• I make sure I always have a DD to block the direst route to SZ6 and a TT as a threat anywhere and Fts to scramble to save the TT(s). Eventually, I have to keep a Carrier For added protection.

• If you set up for Japan to attack the allies T3, then your first turn buy should be 2 transports factory. after first turn you should be buying 3 mech a turn for that factory, and mostly sea units. You should be able to push china out pretty easily with starting units from Japan and on mainland plus the 3 mech a turn. You will need the sea units to help defend against US. If you don’t build enough sea than US can easily get a naval advantage with Anzac support and then go all out against Germany.

• Thanks!

Is there any reason why UK should not declare war against JP during turn 1? They only get their NO when at war!

• '20 '18 '17 '15

The negative of the UK declaring war on Japan is that the US WILL NOT enter the war until Japan attacks, or end of Round 3 (after their turn).  This means that Japan can then attack all UK/ANZAC/Dutch territories without fear of brining the US into the war.  And they can still collect their +10 NO if they haven’t taken FIC yet.

• @Whackamatt:

The negative of the UK declaring war on Japan is that the US WILL NOT enter the war until Japan attacks, or end of Round 3 (after their turn).  This means that Japan can then attack all UK/ANZAC/Dutch territories without fear of brining the US into the war.  And they can still collect their +10 NO if they haven’t taken FIC yet.

Perfectly said. Honestly I don’t recommend declaring war on Japan as UK unless you can kill something expensive, or stack Yunnan.

• Customizer

@theROCmonster:

@Whackamatt:

Perfectly said. Honestly I don’t recommend declaring war on Japan as UK unless you can kill something expensive, or stack Yunnan.

Yeah, in one game UK/India thought it would be a good idea to declare war on Japan round 1. By the time the US was in the war, Japan had the DEI and Calcutta, UK India was nearly extinct and ANZAC had no navy left.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m