• Sponsor

I have an idea to incorporate Delta advantages with Halifax rules. Basically all the Strategic Advantage cards are placed face down in a pile, then each nation may draw one card during their purchase new units phase. If the card they draw matches their nation, they will immediately receive that strategic advantage (progressive advantages work the same as before). This way, everyone has an equal ability to draw, however, some nations have more in the deck than others, and they can’t build a unit assuming they will automatically get it.

• Customizer

This is interesting. So, if you draw a card that is some other country, then you just don’t get an advantage that round, right? Like if I am Germany, and I draw a card for Japan, I miss out this round. So what do you do with the card you just drew? Put it on the bottom of the deck? OR do you reshuffle each time?

Also, if you are playing a game where one player will control more than one nation, you have to draw a card for the country you are playing at that moment. Like if you are playing both Germany and Italy, on the Germany turn you draw an Italian card, you can’t keep it for Italy’s turn and visa versa.

• Sponsor

@knp7765:

This is interesting. So, if you draw a card that is some other country, then you just don’t get an advantage that round, right? Like if I am Germany, and I draw a card for Japan, I miss out this round. So what do you do with the card you just drew? Put it on the bottom of the deck? OR do you reshuffle each time?

Also, if you are playing a game where one player will control more than one nation, you have to draw a card for the country you are playing at that moment. Like if you are playing both Germany and Italy, on the Germany turn you draw an Italian card, you can’t keep it for Italy’s turn and visa versa.

correct, draw a card on that nation’s turn, if it belongs to them they automatically earn it, if they draw a card that belongs to a different nation, they put it back and reshuffle. Italy would have to draw an Italian card, and Germany would have to draw a German card regardless if the same player is playing both nations.

• Customizer

Okay, I thought as much but wanted to ask just to make sure.
    I wondered about the reshuffle. After all, it would suck if say the US drew a Japan weapon then just put it on the bottom, which would almost guarantee Japan would never get that one unless it was a really long game.
    At least if you reshuffle each time you get another country’s advantage, there is still a chance they could get that one.

• Sponsor

@knp7765:

Okay, I thought as much but wanted to ask just to make sure.
    I wondered about the reshuffle. After all, it would suck if say the US drew a Japan weapon then just put it on the bottom, which would almost guarantee Japan would never get that one unless it was a really long game.
    At least if you reshuffle each time you get another country’s advantage, there is still a chance they could get that one.

So you like the idea?… I know it’s quite different than before.

• I like it very much.

• Sponsor

@wittmann:

I like it very much.

Cool… of course we would have to modify some of the advantages to fit this system.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m