• Hey everyone, does anyone have any house rules for fast games? Like .75 - 1.5 hours? I have a friend that has over-analysis paralysis, so looking for a scaled down version to play with him.

Maybe someone has taken 1942 and played only the Pacific or European side…

Any input?

Thanks.
    Adam

• Customizer

You could try the 1941 game. It usually moves pretty quick. In fact, on the box it says playing time is 1-3 hours. I have played before and even at a leisurely pace we would get a win in 2 1/2 to 3 hours or so. The rules are very simple.

• Thanks for the reply, we have given 1941 a try a couple times. Both times we declared a draw after about five hours.  :-P :oops:

I’m hoping for a game variation that takes you normal people 1.5 hours, so maybe we could get through it in an evening.

I’ve been doing a little testing:

Use the Pacific side of a revised map (I have never gotten 1942, but we do use the ruleset from 1942)

Set it up like 1941.

All income is divided in half.

Russian troops only defend.

Played this a couple times against myself. I run into problems with the victory conditions tho. I played that if a power could capture and hold Hawaii, East Indies, and the territory with Shanghai for a turn they won. It has proved too hard tho, Hawaii is a beast to take even for a strong Japan if Japan is also going to hold off India. Shanghai is nearly inaccessible for the allies.

I did like the simplicity this game setup introduced. Purchase decisions can become as simple as “destroyer or sub?” On the other hand, if the games takes 25 rounds, it won’t be any shorter.

Any input/suggestions?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m