• Not sure if anyone looks at BOTB any more. My question is when its the reinforcement turn, when you put a tank for example allies puts tank in southern part can the tank then move into the front line straight away or it has to wait or pay supplys? Also another question can the allies and axis trucks keep going and delivering supplies on roads if it dosent stop in enemy control zone.

• Afternoon Anzac defender.
    A Tank Reinforcement can move the turn it arrives, as long as you place it on a road and not in a ZOC. If not on a road, its movement ends as you place it.

Yes, on being placed a  Lorry can move as many spaces as it wants, until it moves into a ZOC. However, if it started on a road in a ZOC, it can only move one hex.
    It unloads at the end of the Movement and Reinforcement Phase. The  supplies are dropped in the hex in which it ended its movement.

I think most of us here love Battle of the Bulge, but none play it on line.
    I look here!

• Wittman pretty much covered it.

Units have unlimited movement on roads as long as they stay out of enemy ZOC.

As long as you can draw a line from the road hex on the edge of the board the tank comes in on along roads that do not pass through an enemy zone of control the tank can go into the line. It has to stop if it leaves the road or enters an enemy ZOC. (If you paid an offboard supply for a Blitz the tank(s) may move an additional hex after they would normally be required to stop.)

The same applies to trucks sans the blitz option.

Supplies can only be dropped off where the truck stops. Supplies, infantry, and artillery may be picked up in any road hex if the truck has space but they may disembark only where the truck stops.

• Hey wittman!, ahh makes sense now, i was usually moving my trucks picking up units dropping them off and making another pick up run. But tanks are good i could move them to the front lin. Lol i just left them at there where i reinforced them. Thank you both guys. :)

• I played Bulge wrongly for the first few games (months). Funny how it was not easy to understand the rules. Maybe because they were so different to other A&A games.

I love the game, as I have always loved the real battle. It also names the units involved and I am a history and numbers nerd!

• @wittmann:

I played Bulge wrongly for the first few games (months). Funny how it was not easy to understand the rules. Maybe because they were so different to other A&A games.

I love the game, as I have always loved the real battle. It also names the units involved and I am a history and numbers nerd!

It isn’t so much that the rules are difficult as it is all the baggage folks want to bring from the other games. In one of these rules question threads someone was moving their units into the enemy hexes in the combat phase.

Bulge is much more a traditional hex and chit style wargame. It is too bad we’ve just been getting variants on “Classic” since Guadalcanal.

• Precisely. I read the rules, but needed to read them as we played. Was easy to presume I knew the mechanics. Not knowing the rules and playing wrongly made  the game so different from intended, obviously.
    I agree that more games like this would really add to the franchise. Many on this forum think the same.

• Thats true guys, its taking a while to get used too. I would like more games like this. Like battle of starlingrad or battle for owkinawa, or operation market garden!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m