• Its probably been asked before but i want to know whats everyones favourite… Thanks :)

• Despite what I said in your first thread, I put Germany. I have always strived for the subjugation of Russia and old habits die hard.
    If that fails, I can fall back on Götterdämmerung (another passion).

• I feel like germany is sometimes over powered, but depends how you play with them

• Japan is overpowered, Russia is underpowered and too easily neutered.
    Germany might be just about right for me.
    Italy:  don’t get me started on how ridiculous it  can become.

• I like playing Japan + Germany the most. Powerful, intuitive Powers to play.

Like Wittmann, I also like to play Western Alllies to show them axis that Moscow is not theirs as a rule of thumb ;-).

The fun in playing allies however is greatly reduced by the need to analyze and calculate almost each and every allied move. I find it much harder to play allies as intuitively as the axis. Maybe because I don’t play very frequently anymore but I find the margin for errors is just too small for the allies to be as fun to play as the axis.

• I’ve played Germany and Italy for so long that my friends just expect me to play as euro axis every time we play. Germany just comes natural to me. It’s the easiest power to seize and hold the initiative with. I really want to try ANZAC tho. Anyone who can hold their own as ANZAC had got to be a good

• Banzai!!! The Imperial Japanese Navy is my fav.  I love the naval battles and carrier battles.

• @wittmann:

Japan is overpowered, Russia is underpowered and too easily neutered.
    Germany might be just about right for me.
    Italy:  don’t get me started on how ridiculous it  can become.

I am not sure, but I guess this has something to do with balance and playability, since this is supposed to be a fun game and not a serious simulation. If you try to make a game with the real numbers, Italy will not be fun to play. As I remember USA had 40 % of the worlds military potential, Germany and USSR had 14 %, UK 10, France 4, Japan 2 and Italy only 1 %.

• I’d even go as far as saying the axis (as a whole) will not be fun to play ;-).
    I mean, I knew it was bad for the axis but that bad? So Germany + Italy + Japan together only had 17% of the world’s military potential and the USA alone 40% already.

This means a true historical simulation results in the USA defeating Germany + Japan all by itself. But wait… There is Russia as well. And oh, don’t forget the commonwealth… 17% against 68% (after liberating France), that’s not a fair game (let alone a fun one) ;-).

• Germany.  So much room for activities.

I had to choose US/China (don’t care for China).  So much room for activities.

• Ak grown what do you mean ‘so much room for activities’? Lol As in theres alot of stuff to do with america that they control a few things in the pacific or they can move around freely and capture terrortories?

• ….zero People want to play France…?

…strange…wonder why…?

• I would only if they were strong as they are in A&A 1914.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m