Field Marshal PLANE STANDS

• '10

Hello all,
      We are happy to announce a NEW product from FMG.

FIELD MARSHAL GAMES - BRASS PLANE STAND for Axis & Allies

Play in style and have your fighter cover fly over the battlefield!  Free up space on the board and have all of your air-power at your finger tips, rather than piled up on the board.

These stands are polished Brass, High Quality and will not break or bend!

Base size matches the standard Axis & Allies Infantry unit base at 10mm, and is 3mm thick for extra weight to keep the units standing upright.  The Height is 28mm, so your planes will fly just above the Infantry units on the board.

Each set comes with 20 stands, enough for the starting set-up of AAE40.

Another great Quality product from FMG to improve your playing experience and the look of your battle board.

Learn more here:

http://www.fieldmarshalgames.com/product/field-marshal-plane-stands/

• '10

FIRST CUSTOMER REVIEW

"_Incredible!

Posted by Stewart Brewer on 07/19/2014

These are quite frankly the very best flight stands I have EVER seen for A&A games! They are sturdy and the base has a much smaller footprint than other stands. The metal construction is far superior to the common plastic ones. They don’t tip over, and they fit on plastic chips perfectly with the same footprint as an infantry unit. I love these and will be ordering more. You won’t be disappointed!_

• Sponsor

How does the plane connect to the stem?

• two round magnets. one glue to plane the other to the end of the pole. Make sure the polarity matches. I use a piece of paper between magnets, then glue the plane on top to the second magnet.

• @Imperious:

two round magnets. one glue to plane the other to the end of the pole. Make sure the polarity matches. I use a piece of paper between magnets, then glue the plane on top to the second magnet.

That would be the best way to do it, for sure!

If you want them attached permanently, I would suggest probably just drilling a small hole in the bottom of your plane and gluing the post into it.  Of course, this could get messy very fast (drilling too deep, too wide, too much glue, etc) and means you cannot take them off the stands.

• Sponsor

@IWillNeverGrowUp:

@Imperious:

two round magnets. one glue to plane the other to the end of the pole. Make sure the polarity matches. I use a piece of paper between magnets, then glue the plane on top to the second magnet.

If you want them attached permanently, I would suggest probably just drilling a small hole in the bottom of your plane and gluing the post into it.  Of course, this could get messy very fast (drilling too deep, too wide, too much glue, etc) and means you cannot take them off the stands.

If I don’t want to glue magnets on my planes, or permanently keep the bases attached to them, could I drill the holes and just stick the planes on and off the bases as needed during game play?

• @Young:

@IWillNeverGrowUp:

@Imperious:

If I don’t want to glue magnets on my planes, or permanently keep the bases attached to them, could I drill the holes and just stick the planes on and off the bases as needed during game play?

I don’t see why not, so long as you drill the holes an appropriately small size to fit the stand snugly.  The holes in the plastic may, eventually, get worn out, but that should take a long time (years even).

• Sponsor

I’m pretty sure that’s the direction I will be going, so I will be getting 2 sets of 20 for sure. I would like to have this set up for our G40 game at the FMGC in September. However, I’m to busy to drill right now, and I don’t want to rush this kind of modification to my planes, so hopefully FMG can provide their set for us to use, and in return we can give in game reviews, and a product demostration for everyone to see.

• I got the chance to play around with these tonight (without the game pieces) … very nice!  They have some serious weight to them and I can’t see them tipping easily.  We were able to knock them around pretty without them falling over.  And they’re one piece polished brass, not a base + stem as I would have expected.

Top notch product.

• '10

Thank you for the interest guys!

Sales have been decent on the product and great reviews are coming in.

I will have them available for sale at FMGC this year

Jeremy

• are these no longer available?

• nevermind I just saw it

• '17 '16

Lol… that’s a three year old post you dug-up… I wasn’t ordering from FMG 3 years ago so I can’t comment on what they did then, but TODAY… if you can get FMG stuff from IWNGU (and they have it in-stock), you’re good to go… but trust nothing that FMG says, their reputation around these parts is shot… if IWNGU says they have something, they are completely on the up and up and I recommend you do business with IWNGU… just ignore FMG.

• Ya I got to this whole site really late. I saw that whole thing posted a couple days ago about IWNGU trying to get these in stock. I will watch their stuff from now on. Thanks for the reply

• '17 '16

@bgugs:

Ya I got to this whole site really late. I saw that whole thing posted a couple days ago about IWNGU trying to get these in stock. I will watch their stuff from now on. Thanks for the reply

You’re not the only one… I just found this site early in 2016, so I’ve only been here a little over a year, despite being a big fan of A&A from the 1980s (I did, however recently get back into the game last year).

Anyways, yeah… FMG… ignore them… IWNGU, if they have something you want in-stock, don’t hesitate to order from IWNGU, they are a great and reliable company. Also, HBG is another reliable company to order from. Between HBG and IWNGU you should have all your A&A needs covered if you want to go above and beyond what you get in the box.

• '14

Ask and you shall receive!

These are not readily available pegs from an online store.  The ones we used here are extruded acrylic rods that need to be cut to length. They have HIGH machine tolerance levels. What that means is they are 0.001"+/- from the advertised diameter, and they can be press fit into the base without glue. And no, they will not work loose. You need pliers and a lot of force to pull them apart. The base has more than enough density to stand up right with the biggest bombers in the game even if the table is knocked around. The base is a nickel coated steel 12mm in diameter that fits the center of the counter chips perfectly just like the infantry do.

Having just mentioned the infantry, the stands are 32mm tall from the table top to the tip of the peg, leaving more than enough room for that pesky japanese bayonet.

I hope the community enjoys them as much as I did making them for you!

Flight stands by wartorn.jpg

• '17 '16

I like the use of magnets over peg-to-hole method… nicely done.

• '14

Yes sir. 3mm magnet. Fits right on top of the peg. No overlap. Peg is still small enough if you want to mount directly to the aircraft. Also worth mention. I have inserted 3mm steel blanks into my aircraft. Keeps them from bunching together in the piece tray, but give the magnets some strong to hang on to.

• '17 '16

@wartorn:

I have inserted 3mm steel blanks into my aircraft. Keeps them from bunching together in the piece tray, but give the magnets some strong to hang on to.

Even better… great idea… i’ll take a wild guess you put magnets in your carriers too?

• '14

THATS A GREAT IDEA!!! ;)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m