Alpha 3 rule question. Why can't Japan upgrade to a major IC in Kiangsu?

• Basically the title asks my question.  I thought if a territory was originally owned by your nation, and it has an IPC value of 3 or greater, you can put down a major Industrial Complex.

tripleA won’t let me upgrade Japan’s minor complex in Kiangsu.  It gives no message at all.  I used the time traveler and editor to try placing a brand new major factory and that failed with no error message too.

Thanks for any help.  I did do my homework and read Larry’s post about Alpha 3, but I didn’t see anything about this.

• '22 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

2nd edition rules control, not Alpha 3.  Under 2nd edition all Chinese territories under control of Japan at start are considered “Japanese Occupied” and not original territories.

• Official Q&A

It’s the same in Alpha 3 (as well as every other version of AA40) - original control is indicated by the emblem on the territory, not by who controls it at the beginning of the game.

• @Krieghund:

It’s the same in Alpha 3 (as well as every other version of AA40) - original control is indicated by the emblem on the territory, not by who controls it at the beginning of the game.

Thanks, I’m glad to know it is working as intended.  The computer game just shows color, so I’m not sure what you mean by emblem.  Maybe the cardboard game is different.

• @Soson:

@Krieghund:

Thanks, I’m glad to know it is working as intended.  The computer game just shows color, so I’m not sure what you mean by emblem.  Maybe the cardboard game is different.

Open up the territory tap and hover your mouse over a territory. If should give you information about the original owner of that territory.

Do this to Kiangsu, you can see it is not an original Japanese territory, but an Chinese one.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m