Bought D Day Sealed, but there is no UK Blonde Units

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

Those of you, who have this game, is their versions that have it and some that don’t?

I bought this mainly for the UK Blonde units. I at least have the game to play, but was so disappointed in not getting those pieces.

I’m assuming later editions didn’t have the UK Blonde units.

Am I assuming correctly?

Thanks,

John

• I’m not really sure what you mean by “blonde” UK units but it is not unheard of for the color of pieces to change from initial production to going out of print.

@frimmel:

I’m not really sure what you mean by “blonde” UK units but it is not unheard of for the color of pieces to change from initial production to going out of print.

It is a lot lighter shade of tan. Thanks for the info! :-)

• Customizer

John if you just want blonde units go to Ebay It will cause you a lot less grief my friend. Just picked up a used revised edition of A&A just to get more light green Brits. I asked the seller specifically about the colors because photos can be misleading. Good Luck my friend!

@toblerone77:

John if you just want blonde units go to Ebay It will cause you a lot less grief my friend. Just picked up a used revised edition of A&A just to get more light green Brits. I asked the seller specifically about the colors because photos can be misleading. Good Luck my friend!

Thank you buddy! For now on I will ask questions before I pay for an item on Ebay. That is good advice. I just assumed that they were universal. I wom’t make that mistake again.

Thanks again! :-)

@MidnightExpress:

@John:

Those of you, who have this game, is their versions that have it and some that don’t?

The earlier run had the blonde UK pieces and dark grey German pieces, the later run had black German pieces and the UK pieces in a beige/tan color close to the latest UK color (1941, 1942, Global). The color for the US pieces in both of mine were identical.

Ok, that is what I thought. Thank you! :-)

• I got D-day set with the UK being white. Anybody get that?

@SS:

I got D-day set with the UK being white. Anybody get that?

Wow, I’ve never heard anybody get white pieces before. That is crazy.

• I`ll get pic afterwork if I can find them. There in bins somewhere. I use them for neutrals in G40 and other AA games.

• I went and bought another game to get more white pieces and it didnt have it. Got the 2nd different color tan of UK and different color of Germany too. I believe the white set didnt come with bombers.

@SS:

I`ll get pic afterwork if I can find them. There in bins somewhere. I use them for neutrals in G40 and other AA games.

Yes, would love to see your variant troops as well. I hope you can find them.

• Photos of the blonde units from the original D-Day printing can be seen here:

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=23386.0

I bought a copy of it back when it first came out: it had blonde British pieces, and the troop sculpts for all three nations were of the original early type.  A couple of months ago I bought a sealed second copy of D-Day (hoping to get more blonde British pieces), but I was surprised to run into the same situation J.B. has decribed.  The British pieces were in their current shade of tan, and the troop sculpts for all three nations were of the current “refreshed” type (which, I think, dates back to Anniversary or thereabouts).  One easy way to distinguish them is the bent elbow of the British infantryman, which is solid in the old type but has an open hole in the refreshed type.

So on the whole, I was disappointed with my second copy of D-Day.  At least it included those little blockhouse pieces, which are unique to the D-Day game.

• I also was looking for more UK infrantry and German infrantry and got samething you got. Also the blockhouses I have in 2 different colors too.

@CWO:

Photos of the blonde units from the original D-Day printing can be seen here:

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=23386.0

I bought a copy of it back when it first came out: it had blonde British pieces, and the troop sculpts for all three nations were of the original early type.  A couple of months ago I bought a sealed second copy of D-Day (hoping to get more blonde British pieces), but I was surprised to run into the same situation J.B. has decribed.  The British pieces were in their current shade of tan, and the troop sculpts for all three nations were of the current “refreshed” type (which, I think, dates back to Anniversary or thereabouts).  One easy way to distinguish them is the bent elbow of the British infantryman, which is solid in the old type but has an open hole in the refreshed type.

So on the whole, I was disappointed with my second copy of D-Day.  At least it included those little blockhouse pieces, which are unique to the D-Day game.

Thanks for showing us the pictures. It is weird my 1999 Europe Axis and Allies UK pieces match the 2001 Pacific pieces, but in your pictures they don’t match. I guess they go with what ever color is available at the time.

• @John:

but in your pictures they don’t match.

Actually, I just provided a link to the thread in question.  The pictures and accompanying text are by knp7765, a fellow member of the Honourable Order of Piece Junkies.

@CWO:

@John:

but in your pictures they don’t match.

Actually, I just provided a link to the thread in question.  The pictures and accompanying text are by knp7765, a fellow member of the Honourable Order of Piece Junkies.

Thanks for providing knp’s link. It helped seeing the color progression of the units. :-)

• These are the D-Day Uk set. Did have 1 bomber with set. 3 others got to be somewhere in bins.

UK D-Day set.jpg

@SS:

These are the D-Day Uk set. Did have 1 bomber with set. 3 others got to be somewhere in bins.

Holy cow, are these the white ones you were talking about or are these the UK Blonde?

• There the white ones.

• Is it possible that you’re both actually talking about the same pieces?  I know that when I got my original D-Day game, the designations I used to describe the British colour in my collection notes were “cream” originally and “ivory” later.  The term that eventually became popular on this board was “blonde”, but “white” is in the same ballpark.  Remember that plastic pieces can look quite different in colour when they’re photographed under incandescent light, fluorescent light, direct sunlight, or open shade.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m