• What is bidding? Also, what is Russia restricted?

• Russian restricted means Russia cant attack on the frist turn. Bidding im not so clear on, as ive never played that way.

• '19 Moderator

There are different ways to do a bid game. What it boils down to basicly is giving the axis extra units or IPCs to take that side.

The most common way is for player one to say
    “I’ll play axis for 18 IPCs”

Then player two says “I’ll play axis for 17IPCs”

This continues until one player is unwilling to go any lower. At this point the Axis player usualy Spends the IPCs and places them on any axis controled territory. Then the game begins as usual.

There is also a variation were each side bids once secretly. Then the lower bid takes axis as normal with his placements.

Bids varry generaly between 14 and up to 22 or sometimes even more.

Red

[ This Message was edited by: dezrtfish on 2002-03-27 15:20 ]

• Thanks, I really appreciate the help. If I can talk anyone into it I think I’ll try those.

• I don’t usually play with folks who bid. Some bids I’ve heard are…

• 6(Ger)INF in E. Europe(I assume without RR[for defense]). I’ve heard repeatedly that LESS IS CERTAIN DEATH.
    • 3(Jap)ARM in MAN(Manchuria)
    • 1(Ger)TRN in Cen. Med. SZ and 1(Ger)SS in W. Europe(?)SZ[west of W. Europe]

I might try…

• 5(Jap)INF in MAN (I may have heard this one before) or
    • 3(Jap)ARM in FICB(French Indo-Chi/Bur)

What are some other resonable IPC example bids/placements that I can show my fellow A&Aers? Does any one have a suggestion with 2 or 3 leftover IPCs to be spent during Purchase Phase?
    10 Q :smile:

"Get down with the sickness!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m