Do you have to control Gibraltar and Morocco to enter the Med?

• In 2004 Revised, the Med Sea was always open. But on this 2012 Second edition the line seperating the sea zones is very narrow. Does this mean I have to control Gibraltar to enter the Med Sea?

• Welcome Muscleape.
    No, you do not need Gib.  There is nothing stopping you entering the Med. in 1942.2

• Thank you for clarifying that. I have one related question. Do I need to control Denmark/ NW Europe in the 2012 second edition to sail into Germany?

• Again, no.
    Only the Panama Canal and Suez have a movement restriction.
    As far as I know, it is only 1940, that has the Denmark and Gib restriction.

• Again, thank you for clarifying that. I used to play the original axis and allies when I was in the Navy. A bunch of us would gather and play it in our down time. This was the 1986 version and that was 20 years ago. After I got out, I put the game away and never touched it again. 20 years later, I am a teacher. A student of mine was talking about it. I asked him if he played it, and he replied yes. He rekindled my interest in the game. So of course, we decided to get a game going after school. Before we could play, I just wanted to clarify those old questions, as it really impacts on the strategy.

Now, England can use its navy to clear out the German Navy and launch an amphibious assault on Germany even if Germany still controls Denmark/W Europe.

• That is right.
    Nice story. I started in 87 at university. I own most games. There are some here who hav every game(and doubles).
    Glad you are enjoying it still. 1940 next….

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m