Collect income: revised vs. Europe 1940

• Hey guys,

i have been playing revised (2004) for many years and got Europe 1940 now. The old version with paper money was very clear, you collect as much IP’s as you control und you don’t loose it until your turn, even if some of your territories are captured afterwards. If I follow exactly the word in the rulebook of Europe 1940, this rule changes. Let’s have a look:

“If you have captured the territory, place your control marker on the territory and adjust the national production levels. Your national production increases by the value of the captured territory; the loser’s production decreases by the same amount.”

As there is no paper money, this means that you loose immediately production if somebody captures your territory. This is a substantial change compared to the revised version, but it es somehow logical, as a territory can online provide IP’s once now. Anyway, is there an official interpretation or clarification to this issue?

• Customizer

Generalstab,
        Collect income in 1940 works exactly the same as in Revised (except for the fact that they were too cheap to include the printed IPC’s  :roll:). In fact, you can use the paper IPC’s from Revised in your 1940 games if you would like, that’s what I do.

When they say “adjust national production levels,” that just means move your marker on the income board up by the number on the territory, and move the defender’s marker down. This doesn’t affect the other player until the end of his turn.

So, for example, if you capture Territory A (worth 3 IPC’s) from the defender, your income goes from 24 to 27, his drops from 35 to 32. At the end of your turn, you will collect 27 IPC’s, and at the end of his turn (assuming he doesn’t gain/lose anything else), he will collect 32.

• Customizer

I would also refer you to this question that was almost identical to yours, and Krieghund’s official answer:

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=32092.msg1198391#msg1198391

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m