• Sponsor

Coastal Guns:

During an amphibious assault on a territory that has a Naval base and/or Air base, 1 round of a coastal gun battery assault must be resolved. Coastal guns from the defending territory with base/s may fire 1d @3 or less toward each enemy ship attempting to bombard the territory prior to their amphibious assault. all hits by operational base/s are applied before the land bombardment takes place. Remember… the bases to shoot, the base or bases make the territory eligible to shoot, and the amount of shots fired depends on the number of ships bombarding.

Thoughts…

• Customizer

I would add that possibly it would work similar to interceptors. The defending player may fire but the bombarding vessels may also damage the base(s). The attacker may choose to return fire or use thier bombardment ability against shore targets.

• I was thinking of somethings similar but would either use an AA gun style attack with 1 die @1 for every ship, up to 3 ships.  But I’m not a big fan of this, I was thinking of a more decided unit.  Either using the bunkers from Battle of the Bulge, or the new coastal guns the HBG is working on.  With these new options then I think that your idea would of a 1 die @3 would work better.

• Sponsor

@Buran:

I was thinking of somethings similar but would either use an AA gun style attack with 1 die @1 for every ship, up to 3 ships. But I’m not a big fan of this, I was thinking of a more decided unit. Either using the bunkers from Battle of the Bulge, or the new coastal guns the HBG is working on. With these new options then I think that your idea would of a 1 die @3 would work better.

1. I like the idea of a separate unit from HBG (same mold and colour for all).

2. I would put them at $6 each with zero movement and are destroyed upon capture

3. How about making them just like AA guns, multiple guns allowed on one territory, 3@1 per gun, up to the total number of enemy surface warships in the sea zone from which the amphibious assault is coming from, for one round only.

4. In this system, do you think they can be used as casualties?… for $6, I would think so. Should the setup include any?

• Customizer

@Young:

@Buran:

I was thinking of somethings similar but would either use an AA gun style attack with 1 die @1 for every ship, up to 3 ships. But I’m not a big fan of this, I was thinking of a more decided unit. Either using the bunkers from Battle of the Bulge, or the new coastal guns the HBG is working on. With these new options then I think that your idea would of a 1 die @3 would work better.

1. I like the idea of a separate unit from HBG (same mold and colour for all).

2. I would put them at $6 each with zero movement and are destroyed upon capture

3. How about making them just like AA guns, multiple guns allowed on one territory, 3@1 per gun, up to the total number of enemy surface warships in the sea zone from which the amphibious assault is coming from, for one round only.

4. In this system, do you think they can be used as casualties?… for $6, I would think so. Should the setup include any?

That’s a better idea. I wasn’t sure how much you would be into HBG units though. Some guys don’t like them. I will probably make some with my craft supplies I just haven’t got around to it.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m