• '17 '16 Customizer

I REALLY love this game. Of all the A&A game variants (Of which I own all but 50th & Guadacanal) this is the most enjoyable to me. The only problem I see is the really-really-reeaaaalllly long time it take to play a game. Getting players to commit to what always turns out to be 2 days of play is a real trick. We’ve had one round of play take almost 2 hours ! That’s just to long.

What have you folks done to speed up the game? Time limits on turns? Barking at players to start their turn while the previous player finishes up theirs? Nixing certain rules or options? (Convoy routes) Other ideas? Let’s hear what all you other gamers have done to speed this up.

Thanks,  Mad Dog

• Lol, it takes almost a week for my group to complete 1942 2nd edition.

Anyways, if you want a faster game, just have some nations take turns simultaneously. So during Germanys turn (unless they attack), you can do Russia’s as well.

or while Japan has their go, you could do Italy’s and Frances.

• Sponsor

When we play A&A G40 at my bunker it’s always with 6 players, and we play a fast game due to our unique turn system that has worked quite well for us.

Here’s how it works…

In a 6 player game…

1. Simultaneously the German player begins their purchase new units phase, the Russian player moves their eastern forces (18 infantry and 2 AA guns), and the Japanese player begins their purchase new units phase.

2. Simultaneously the German player ends their collect income phase, the Russian player begins their purchase new units phase, and the Japanese player begins their resolve combat phase and/or non combat movement phase.

3. Simultaneously the Russian player ends their collect income phase, the Japanese player ends their collect income phase, and the American player begins their purchase new units phase.

4. Simultaneously the American player ends their collect income phase, the Chinese player begins their purchase new units phase, and the British player (Europe) begins their purchase new units phase.

5. Simultaneously the Chinese player ends their collect income phase, the British player (Pacific) begins their purchase new units phase, and the ANZAC player moves their forces in Africa (2 infantry).

6. Simultaneously the British player (Europe & Pacific) end their collect income phase, the Italian player begins their purchase new units phase, and the ANZAC player begins their purchase new units phase.

7. Simultaneously the Italian player ends their collect income phase, the ANZAC player ends their collect income phase, and the French player conducts their entire turn.

8. Repeat…

PS: We have found that Japan is the real clock pig of all the nations. The player playing Japan should always be starting their purchase new units phase when Germany does, and they should always be ending their collect income phase when Russia does (or shortly after). This one little trick will save you at least 3 hours every game.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m