Need help with rules clarification on Germany assault of England

• Need help with the following situation (playing a global game against my son)
    At the start of Germany’s turn, Germany controls Scotland while UK holds England.  Germany holds Denmark and has a amphibious force in SZ113.  UK has a destroyer in SZ112 and nothing in SZ111.

Germany is proposing to do the following:
    Germany loads tanks and mech inf onto its transports in ZS113 (fr W Ger), moves it’s amphib force into SZ112 which it will kill the UK destroyer.  It will then move its amphib force into the open SZ111.  It will land the tanks / mech inv who will blitz through Germany-controlled Scotland and into England.

Is this ok?  Thanks in advance for your expertise!

• '17 '16 Customizer

No. Once you do a sea battle, all movement stops there. You cannot conduct battle, clear the Sz, then move on to another sz to land ot start another battle. All battles are conducted simotanously during the combat phase.

• So you’re saying that once sea units conduct combat, they cannot move into an unoccupied SZ with their remaining movement?

Thanks.

• '17 '16 Customizer

@emerson303:

So you’re saying that once sea units conduct combat, they cannot move into an unoccupied SZ with their remaining movement?

Thanks.

Correct. There is no remaining movement. Does not matter if it took 1 or two moves to get to the battle. Once battle commences, all navel movement is done.

• Thanks.  And if I take SZ111 in sea combat and already held Scotland (as Germany), can I unload my tanks / mech inf into Scotland and blitz them through Scotland and into England as an ‘amphib assault’?

Aaron

• No. If Germany already owns Scotland and you offload units there, that would be done during non-combat. Whether it’s an amphib assault or non-combat, once you offload units, they can’t move until the following turn.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m