• I was thinking for my christmas list i would want one of those wooden things that you throw dice into that has felt on the bottom, like on the main page of this website. However, I have no idea what one of those is called or how to find one. Any suggestions?

• '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

dice tray.  try historicalboardgaming.com

• A related kind of accessory is a dice tower, of which there are countless varieties.  Some designs have two separate parts, a tower and a dice tray, which are sized so that the tower can be placed horizontally inside the tray when it’s not in use (a feature which is handy for carrying the tower when you’re gaming at a friend’s house).  A good tower will have felt on the inside to muffle the sound of the dice.  It should also be reasonably tall with several baffles inside it, to help the dice bounce around enough to give good randomization.  (If the tower is too short and has too few baffles, and if the angle of the baffles is too shallow, the dice may just slide from one baffle to the next without turning over adequately.)

• Most people prefer the tray because you can put good English on how the dice roll. The dice roll faster and everyone can see the results and validate. The comparatively smaller channel for the tower is harder to read ( well it takes longer). Plus the tray has graphics ( Germany, USA, etc)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m