14L - G40 BOLD (axis) vs. JWW (allies +15), No tech, 1 unit per territory

• '12

awaiting your bid placement JWW - looking forward to our game!

cheers

• I can’t decide on my bid placement!

Have a nice Thanksgiving.

• '12

@JWW:

I can’t decide on my bid placement!

Have a nice Thanksgiving.

No rush happy thankgiving to you as well.

• 15……
    a ss in z98

9 left…hmmmmm
    inf in Alex arm in egy

ok, don’t hurt me too bad

• '12

@JWW:

15……
    a ss in z98

9 left…hmmmmm
    inf in Alex arm in egy

ok, don’t hurt me too bad

ooooh, that’s gonna be a tough bid. never faced that one.  should be fun!  probably later today you could see G1.

• may the dice be with me….New rule, YOU can only make your moves after a few drinks and you are only allowed one edit the entire game.

That should make things fair…? What do you say?

I guess we should roll naval battles on the forum? Would this be for all naval battles or just those involving subs?

Are there any other big things I should watch out for in AAA? I know gamers has that sheet somewhere showing all the hiccups? Haven’t really looked at it.

• '12

Test summary from TripleA, engine version: 1.7.0.3, time: 09:55:12

• '12

TripleA Move Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 2nd Edition, version: 3.7

Game History

Round: 1

Purchase Units - Germans
                Germans buy 1 carrier and 2 transports; Remaining resources: 0 PUs;

Combat Move - Germans
                2 fighters and 3 tactical_bombers moved from Western Germany to 110 Sea Zone
                1 fighter moved from Holland Belgium to 110 Sea Zone
                1 submarine moved from 103 Sea Zone to 91 Sea Zone
                1 submarine moved from 117 Sea Zone to 106 Sea Zone
                1 submarine moved from 108 Sea Zone to 110 Sea Zone
                1 submarine moved from 118 Sea Zone to 111 Sea Zone
                1 submarine moved from 124 Sea Zone to 111 Sea Zone
                1 fighter moved from Norway to 111 Sea Zone
                2 bombers and 1 tactical_bomber moved from Germany to 111 Sea Zone
                1 battleship moved from 113 Sea Zone to 110 Sea Zone
                3 armour, 2 artilleries and 4 infantry moved from Holland Belgium to France
                2 mech_infantrys moved from Western Germany to Southern France
                2 armour moved from Greater Southern Germany to Southern France
                1 armour moved from Greater Southern Germany to France
                2 artilleries and 6 infantry moved from Greater Southern Germany to Yugoslavia
                1 armour and 2 infantry moved from Slovakia Hungary to Yugoslavia
                1 fighter moved from Slovakia Hungary to Yugoslavia
                1 armour and 1 infantry moved from Romania to Yugoslavia
                1 armour moved from Poland to Yugoslavia
                1 tactical_bomber moved from Poland to France
                1 artillery, 3 infantry and 2 mech_infantrys moved from Western Germany to France

• '12

when subs are involved it also rolls the air separate from the boats.  so all the attacking air fires, then it asked for casualties before the attacking boats fire.  we can do all naval on the forum if in doubt.

• '12

ok, i can’t roll till later today, so you can chew on that G1 for a while and let me know if/where you want to scramble.

cheers!

• '12

other big thing tripleA rolls wrong is when there are tact and strat bombing runs
    on multiple assets in the same territory.  these must be rolled on the forum.

• @Boldfresh:

probably later today you could see G1.

by later today I guess you meant in the next 15 seconds?  :lol: this is going to be like speed chess, huh. Just so that I disappoint you I will not be able to move so quickly throughout this game.

• '12

@JWW:

@Boldfresh:

�  probably later today you could see G1.

by later today I guess you meant in the next 15 seconds? � :lol: this is going to be like speed chess, huh. Just so that I disappoint you I will not be able to move so quickly throughout this game.

totally agreed.  i do not expect this to move quickly at all, nor will i be able to move quickly.  just had a few minutes more than expected waiting for the wife to be ready to leave - we are going to cut down our christmas tree  :wink:

• '12

this is an aggressive german opener that usually leads to interesting games.
    often goes really badly.  lost france the last time i tried it, lost it badly.  barely even took it with the italian follow up.

so, this is my way to spice it up - if at first it fails try again!

• @Boldfresh:

when subs are involved it also rolls the air separate from the boats.  so all the attacking air fires, then it asked for casualties before the attacking boats fire.  we can do all naval on the forum if in doubt.

I did notice this but didn’t think it was too significant but I can see where this could cause a problem too.

• @Boldfresh:

other big thing tripleA rolls wrong is when there are tact and strat bombing runs
    on multiple assets in the same territory.  these must be rolled on the forum.

this is due to AA fire right, the aa fire should be separated into bmb’s vs Tacs?

• @Boldfresh:

just had a few minutes more than expected waiting for the wife to be ready to leave - we are going to cut down our christmas tree  :wink:

I fully understand waiting for the mrs……

I went to a fake tree many moons ago and am quite pleased with the decision…

• as much as I think I should have a full scramble I will not…

No scramble.

• '12

weird, thought i posted a map in this thread - must have done so by accident in another or else the post didn’t go through!

i cleared 110 taking 1 hit (to battleship).  second battle was 111 and i got three hits on offense, leaving you with one unit - what would you like that unit to be?  destroyer, cruiser, or damaged battleship?

JWW G1 casualty choice.tsvg

• bb

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m