• I’m starting the game on this thread.

• DiceRolling 1d6:
    (6)

• OK Chris! Intervene!

I’m Axis. Carl is Allies.

I’m attaching the unstarted German first move too.

New Game Chaos theory 1.tsvg

• Nice start!  :-D

I won’t tell you what charts I’m referring to, as I don’t want to spoil the surprises first time out, but needless to say the die roll below will mean something to me.

Heeere we go:

DiceRolling 1d6:
    (4)

• A ‘natural’ event.

Level I, II, or III?

DiceRolling 1d3:
    (3)

• Good… Lord.

Class C, Class B, or Class A?

DiceRolling 1d3:
    (2)

• Okay. Get this.

You’re in Zombie-World.

The planet has been infected by a mysterious spore, which does not let organisms die naturally.

Soldiers thought to have been killed are found wandering the battlefields, hungry for human flesh.

They are more resilient than normal soldiers, but have been found to be easily destroyed by flame.

The world leaders, desperate for new troops, have found a way to control these shambling undead.

Either through necromancy, or through mad science, they have formed entire functional Zombie Corps, operating alongside regular troops.

How does this affect the game?

1. During each combat, players need to keep track of the number of the dead land units created by both sides.

[Only land units are important here, because we’re assuming that soldiers serving in planes burn up when they die, or are trapped in their ships when they sink to the bottom.]

1. At the end of each of turn, the WINNERS of the BATTLES roll 1d6 for each land unit that died in those territories they fought in and still control.

[Roll separately for each territory. LOSERS do not have access to the corpses and thus cannot try their hands at reanimation.]

1. On the result of a ‘6’, each player adds 1 Zombie Corps to the territory under their control.

[These are represented as the infantry units of your power.]

These are dark times indeed, gentlemen. This is enough to chill the soul of even the hardest veteran. Good luck in this brave new world!

• <in case=“” it’s=“” not=“” clear,=“” you=“” have=“” to=“” edit=“” in=“” these=“” free=“” infantry=“” during=“” the=“” unit=“” placement=“” phases=“” of=“” your=“” turns=“”>  :mrgreen:</in>

• Do we roll before the turn of each country? Or do we roll once? eg. the first time in a round that an axis or ally power goes.

please clarify.

thnx

• Add the end of each turn, each player rolls for the zombies to be added to the board in the territories they were destroyed in (assuming that land units were destroyed in combat that turn).

Since we’re playing by forum, it makes sense for each player to add their enemy’s zombies to the board as well as their own, in order to minimize downtime.

For example:

Playing the USA, I tried to take Iwo Jima from the Japanese but failed.

In the process, I killed one Japanese infantry, and lost one USA infantry and one USA tank.

So, at the end of combat, I roll 3d6 for the Japanese player here on the forum:

DiceRolling 3d6:
    (2, 5, 5)

For every ‘6’ I roll, I add 1 Japanese infantry to Iwo Jima for my opponent.

(And if I’d won, I’d have done the same thing for myself…)

Alle richtig?

• In this case, no Zombies were produced…  :cry:

So no edit was required to Iwo Jima at the end of the USA’s turn.

• You’re in Zombie World until the end of the game.

Unless someone else rolls a ‘6’ and gets something that invalidates it (could happen)!

So, to clarify: each player still takes a Chaos Roll at the beginning of each turn. AND at the end of their turns, they roll to see if any Zombie Corps were generated in combat.

Terminology:

Turn = G1 (for example)
    Round = A complete cycle of turns, from G2 to F2 (for example)

• scramble Carl. no zombies will generate here, sea and air units.

variant scramble.tsvg

• Just so we have all the tools in this thread I’m adding how to make a roll.

<:>dice 1d6<:>

Except take out the < and > signs. You’ll get something like this to appear:

One die: <:>dice 1d6<:>
    DiceRolling 1d6:
    (3)

two dice <:>dice 2d6<;>
    DiceRolling 2d6:
    (3, 4)

three dice <:>dice 3d6<:>
    DiceRolling 3d6:
    (1, 5, 5)

and so on …

• no scramble…not quite sure i get this but i’ll ‘roll’ with it!

• @pr0c3ss:

no scramble…not quite sure i get this but i’ll ‘roll’ with it!

Just keep trying to win the game the way you normally would…

Events will occur throughout, some of which will make that goal easier, and some of which will make that goal harder, to attain.

Stay frosty, soldier!

Pro Tip: Zombie calculations are probably going to be easiest to perform when looking at the ‘Turn Summary’. That gives you a nice total of casualties for each battle, assuming you hit the ‘show combat details’ tab.

• Normandy victory zombies: 2
    DiceRolling 2d6:
    (1, 2)

France V zombies: 24
    DiceRolling 24d6:
    (1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 2, 3, 3, 3, 3, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 5, 5, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6)

S. France V zombies: 2
    DiceRolling 2d6:
    (6, 6)

Slavic V zombies: 6
    DiceRolling 6d6:
    (1, 3, 4, 4, 6, 6)

• I kept a tally as I played so that I could do this roll before posting. I will double check after the post to see if I was correct. You can too, Chris.

Edit mode adjustments:

France=6 zombies
    S France= 2 zoms
    Slavs= 2 zoms

• TripleA Turn Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 Alpha 3, version: 3.7

Game History

Round: 1

Politics - Germans

Research Technology - Germans
                Germans spend 5 on tech rolls
                    Germans roll 4 and gets 0 hits
                Germans removing all Technology Tokens after unsuccessful research.

Purchase Units - Germans
                Germans buy 1 bomber, 1 fighter and 1 infantry; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 0 techTokens;

Combat Move - Germans
                1 submarine moved from 124 Sea Zone to 109 Sea Zone
                1 submarine moved from 118 Sea Zone to 109 Sea Zone
                1 submarine moved from 108 Sea Zone to 109 Sea Zone
                1 submarine moved from 103 Sea Zone to 109 Sea Zone
                1 submarine moved from 117 Sea Zone to 109 Sea Zone
                1 infantry moved from Germany to 114 Sea Zone
                1 artillery moved from Germany to 114 Sea Zone
                1 battleship moved from 113 Sea Zone to 115 Sea Zone
                1 cruiser moved from 114 Sea Zone to 115 Sea Zone
                1 artillery, 1 infantry and 1 transport moved from 114 Sea Zone to 115 Sea Zone
                2 artilleries moved from Holland Belgium to Normandy Bordeaux
                2 infantry moved from Holland Belgium to Normandy Bordeaux
                2 infantry moved from Holland Belgium to France
                1 artillery moved from Western Germany to France
                3 infantry moved from Western Germany to France
                3 armour moved from Greater Southern Germany to Southern France
                1 mech_infantry moved from Western Germany to Southern France
                1 mech_infantry moved from Western Germany to France
                3 armour moved from Holland Belgium to France
                2 fighters moved from Western Germany to France
                3 tactical_bombers moved from Western Germany to France
                1 fighter moved from Holland Belgium to France
                2 bombers moved from Germany to France
                1 fighter moved from Slovakia Hungary to France
                1 fighter moved from Norway to France
                2 artilleries moved from Greater Southern Germany to Yugoslavia
                6 infantry moved from Greater Southern Germany to Yugoslavia
                2 artilleries moved from Germany to Poland
                10 infantry moved from Germany to Poland
                1 tactical_bomber moved from Germany to France
                1 tactical_bomber moved from Poland to France
                1 armour moved from Romania to Poland
                1 armour moved from Slovakia Hungary to Poland

Combat - Germans
                Battle in 109 Sea Zone
                    Germans attack with 5 submarines
                    British defend with 1 destroyer and 1 transport
                        Germans roll dice for 5 submarines in 109 Sea Zone, round 2 :  2/5 hits
                        British roll dice for 1 destroyer and 1 transport in 109 Sea Zone, round 2 :  0/1 hits
                        1 transport owned by the British and 1 destroyer owned by the British lost in 109 Sea Zone
                    Germans win, taking 109 Sea Zone from Neutral with 5 submarines remaining. Battle score for attacker is 15
                    Casualties for British: 1 destroyer and 1 transport
                Battle in Normandy Bordeaux
                    Germans attack with 2 artilleries and 2 infantry
                    French defend with 1 artillery, 1 factory_minor, 1 harbour and 1 infantry
                        Germans roll dice for 2 artilleries and 2 infantry in Normandy Bordeaux, round 2 :  1/4 hits
                        French roll dice for 1 artillery and 1 infantry in Normandy Bordeaux, round 2 :  0/2 hits
                        1 infantry owned by the French lost in Normandy Bordeaux
                        Germans roll dice for 2 artilleries and 2 infantry in Normandy Bordeaux, round 3 :  1/4 hits
                        French roll dice for 1 artillery in Normandy Bordeaux, round 3 :  0/1 hits
                        1 artillery owned by the French lost in Normandy Bordeaux
                    Germans win, taking Normandy Bordeaux from French with 2 artilleries and 2 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is 7
                    Casualties for French: 1 artillery and 1 infantry
                Battle in France
                    Germans attack with 3 armour, 1 artillery, 2 bombers, 5 fighters, 5 infantry, 3 mech_infantrys and 5 tactical_bombers
                    French defend with 1 aaGun, 1 airfield, 1 armour, 1 artillery, 1 factory_major, 1 fighter and 6 infantry; British defend with 1 armour and 1 artillery
                        AA fire in France :  1/3 hits
                        1 fighter owned by the Germans lost in France
                        Germans roll dice for 3 armour, 1 artillery, 2 bombers, 4 fighters, 5 infantry, 3 mech_infantrys and 5 tactical_bombers in France, round 2 :  6/23 hits
                        French roll dice for 1 aaGun, 2 armour, 2 artilleries, 1 fighter and 6 infantry in France, round 2 :  7/11 hits
                        5 infantry owned by the French , 5 infantry owned by the Germans , 1 aaGun owned by the French and 2 mech_infantrys owned by the Germans lost in France
                        Germans roll dice for 3 armour, 1 artillery, 2 bombers, 4 fighters, 1 mech_infantry and 5 tactical_bombers in France, round 3 :  8/16 hits
                        French roll dice for 2 armour, 2 artilleries, 1 fighter and 1 infantry in France, round 3 :  4/6 hits
                        1 infantry owned by the French , 1 armour owned by the French , 1 armour owned by the British , 2 armour owned by the Germans , 1 artillery owned by the British , 1 artillery owned by the French , 1 fighter owned by the French , 1 artillery owned by the Germans and 1 mech_infantry owned by the Germans lost in France
                    Germans captures 19PUs while taking French capital
                    Germans converts factory_major into different units
                    Germans win, taking France from French with 1 armour, 2 bombers, 4 fighters and 5 tactical_bombers remaining. Battle score for attacker is 0
                    Casualties for Germans: 2 armour, 1 artillery, 1 fighter, 5 infantry and 3 mech_infantrys
                    Casualties for French: 1 aaGun, 1 armour, 1 artillery, 1 fighter and 6 infantry
                    Casualties for British: 1 armour and 1 artillery
                Battle in Southern France
                    Germans attack with 3 armour and 1 mech_infantry
                    French defend with 1 artillery, 1 factory_minor, 1 harbour and 1 infantry
                        Germans roll dice for 3 armour and 1 mech_infantry in Southern France, round 2 :  2/4 hits
                        French roll dice for 1 artillery and 1 infantry in Southern France, round 2 :  0/2 hits
                        1 infantry owned by the French and 1 artillery owned by the French lost in Southern France
                    Germans win, taking Southern France from French with 3 armour and 1 mech_infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is 7
                    Casualties for French: 1 artillery and 1 infantry
                Battle in Yugoslavia
                    Germans attack with 2 artilleries and 6 infantry
                    Neutral_Allies defend with 5 infantry
                        Germans roll dice for 2 artilleries and 6 infantry in Yugoslavia, round 2 :  3/8 hits
                        Neutral_Allies roll dice for 5 infantry in Yugoslavia, round 2 :  1/5 hits
                        1 infantry owned by the Germans and 3 infantry owned by the Neutral_Allies lost in Yugoslavia
                        Germans roll dice for 2 artilleries and 5 infantry in Yugoslavia, round 3 :  2/7 hits
                        Neutral_Allies roll dice for 2 infantry in Yugoslavia, round 3 :  0/2 hits
                        2 infantry owned by the Neutral_Allies lost in Yugoslavia
                    Germans win, taking Yugoslavia from Neutral_Allies with 2 artilleries and 5 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is 12
                    Casualties for Neutral_Allies: 5 infantry
                    Casualties for Germans: 1 infantry
                Trigger Germans Conquer France: Setting switch to true for conditionAttachment_French_1_Liberation_Switch attached to French

Non Combat Move - Germans
                Turning on Edit Mode
                EDIT: Turning off Edit Mode
                1 infantry moved from Romania to Bulgaria
                      Germans take Bulgaria from Neutral_Axis
                1 infantry moved from 115 Sea Zone to Finland
                      Germans take Finland from Neutral_Axis
                1 artillery moved from 115 Sea Zone to Finland
                3 infantry moved from Norway to Finland
                3 aaGuns moved from Western Germany to France
                3 aaGuns moved from Germany to Western Germany
                1 infantry moved from Slovakia Hungary to Poland
                2 bombers, 4 fighters and 5 tactical_bombers moved from France to Western Germany

Place Units - Germans
                Turning on Edit Mode
                EDIT: Adding units owned by Germans to France: 6 infantry
                EDIT: Adding units owned by Germans to Southern France: 2 infantry
                EDIT: Adding units owned by Germans to Yugoslavia: 2 infantry
                EDIT: Turning off Edit Mode
                1 infantry placed in Germany
                1 bomber and 1 fighter placed in Western Germany

Turn Complete - Germans
                Total Cost from Convoy Blockades: 3
                    Rolling for Convoy Blockade Damage in 93 Sea Zone. Rolls: 6,3
                Germans collect 41 PUs (3 lost to blockades); end with 60 PUs total
                Trigger Germans 5 Swedish Iron Ore: Germans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 65 PUs
                Objective Germans 1 Trade with Russia: Germans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 70 PUs

• :-D

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m