• Shaniana you shouldnt read this before Sunday!;)

Hello Everyone!

Im currently in a game with a friend of mine. Its turn 4 I think and im playing the axis (Germany 60+IPC). Im holding Leningrad with a few infantry and advance into ukraine IC this round with about 20 units consisting of infantry and artillery. 20 more Mechs are on their way for a possible moscow attack in G7. The russians hold their ground with 20 infantry 3aaa 1fighter and a tac left. In the Pacific theatre japan owns a vast area of russian territory, is about to kill china this round and has more ships than the us, anzac and brits combined (earnings 70IPC). On the other hand Africa is lost to the allies, Italy got pushed back to their homeland and the US has a fleet with 2 trans in the med. The allies still have 20 IPC more each round than the axis have. We are playing for World Domination so there is no need to concern taking any of the VCs.
    I think that i might be able to pull it off the standard way by killing russia with my groundstack and all of the german air force but the us is becoming a bigger threat each round, forcing me to buy more units for the defense of western europe.

I see one very interesting possibility though which is why i created this post. I got 2inf2art in western germany with 2trans2dd1cruiser1sub next to denmark and all of the german luftwaffe (still at full strength -1SBomber) in western germany as well. London is defended by 5AAA 5inf1mech3fighters1bomber. My Calculations show a significant chance to a victory but the high risk of losing a majority of the luftwaffe.

Would you think it is wise to kill London? I would earn 33IPC which he then loses, making it a victory of 66IPC plus he cant build anything the next turn and is not a threat any longer for the next few turns. This would hinder my plan on attacking moscow as fast as possible but i find it very interesting and there is no need to take moscow fast once its surrounded by german forces.

• Morning Cephir. I see your reasoning, but I would not do it. You only have 4 ground units and you have to keep one to take London. You would lose too much Air. Keep the Air and build a Carrier to threaten any US Atlantic fleet, trying to take Gib and hinder Italy in the Med.
    Sounds like you are doing fine. Stick with the plan you have.
    You could always build another Transport or two, thus keeping UK on his toes. Are you able to start convoying the UK? (Maybe you need the Carrier for protection.)

• I wouldnt do it either.

It is close but I think you lack one hair on the heads of your wehrmacht to be successfull. Lucky dicerolls aside.
    On the other hand, bad dicerolls will ruin everything for you because this situation is so… ‘on the edge of a knife’ if you know what I mean. You have no room to translate bad dice into cheap losses. Normal dicing from the UK will hurt you very much already, let alone a few losses more!

Consider to send 1 or 2 of your FTR into the channel as well if you DO go for the invasion, to be absolutely safe if the UK decides to scramble. If you don’t you may loose just a lot of aircraft and not even get 1 land unit into London.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m