• Hi to all,

I{m new to axis and allies, just played two times so far, and I{m i little confussed with the rules.  Specifically regarding combat moves:

• Sorry,

1.  In one game I had the following scenario: At the beginning of the turn, Great Brittan (GB) had a battleship in zone 4, and a destroyer in zone 3.  Germany had a battleship and three submarines in zone 1, and a cruiser in zone 6.  Germany in its attacking move turn decided to move all its units from zone 1 to zone 3, to attack the GBs destroyer.  After that, in GBs attacking move turn, GB decided to attack the German cruiser in zone 6, with the battleship located in zone 3; is this move legal? Or does the battleship have to stop in zone 3, because of the Germans units previously put there?  If the GB battleship has to stop in zone 3 does this mean that it can help in the defense of the zone with the destroyer? or can it attack, zone 3, after Germany has finished attacking the destroyer? or can the GB battleship move at all?

2.  In the same game I had also the following question:  At the beginning of the attack move turn Russia had 9 infantry, 4 artillery, 5 tanks, 3 fighters and two bombers move from Russia to Easter Ukraine to attack German troops.  After this, Germany decided to move all the troops in that territory, minus on infantry, to attack a couple of Russian troops in Belorussia, again is this a legal move?

I appreciate any help since the in game manual does not offer any clarification on this topic.

Cheers,
    Julian

• '19 '18 '17 '16 '15

Hello Julian,

Welcome to AA!  I am relatively new too.  it’s a great addictive game isn’t it ;-)?

1. The GB battleship has to stop in zone 3 because there are surface warship present (surface warship are any ship except Submarine and Transport) and therefore not able to attack the cruiser in zone 6.  However, in the turn where Germany initiate attack, the GB battleship cannot come to defend because only attacker is able to move during his own turn, and GB battleship is in different sea zone from destroyer.
    So in GB’s turn after Germany turn, the battleship has only 2 choices:  Stay, or move and attack sea zone 3.

2.  Yes, it is Ok for the attacker to allocate where are the attack force.  In your case, Germany can do this because Belorussia is next to E. Ukraine.

• Official Q&A

Welcome, Julian!

From reading your post it seems you may have a bit of a misconception about the rules.  It sounds to me like you’re under the impression that each power purchases in turn, then each power does combat moves in turn, etc.

However, what actually happens is that each power goes through the entire cycle of phases (purchase, combat move, etc.) before the next power’s turn.  In other words, the USSR purchases, does combat moves, conducts combat, etc., then Germany goes through all six phases, etc.

I just wanted to clear that up.  Sorry if I’ve misread your post.

• Hey guys,

Thanks for the prompt answers.  you comments really help, the fact that each power does everything in turn clears the hole problem.

Best,
    Julian

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m