13L G40 NT Arathorn (Axis) vs JDOW (Allies +12)

• '19 '13

Starting thread.

• '19 '13

How do you want to spend your bid and where do you want to place it?

• '15 '14

2 Subs 98 please (or 98, 99 if you insist of 1 unit per territory:D)

I wish both if us a nice and fair game. I am of course easy with NCM edits unaffected by dice or other movements.
    And not sure if clarified, but I assume we play without tech? I would prefer not ech even if imo tech favors the Allies^^

• '19 '13

Test summary from TripleA, engine version: 1.7.0.3, time: 11:24:47

• '19 '13

The sub has to be placed where you already have ships. Do you want it in 91?

• '19 '13

@JDOW:

I wish both if us a nice and fair game. I am of course easy with NCM edits unaffected by dice or other movements.
    And not sure if clarified, but I assume we play without tech? I would prefer not ech even if imo tech favors the Allies^^

We’re of the same breed.

Yes, no tech. That is why I wrote NT in the game thread name.

• '19 '13

TripleA Move Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 2nd Edition, version: 3.7

Game History

Round: 1

Politics - Germans
                Germans takes Political Action: Political Action Germans To War With Chinese
                    Germans succeeds on action: Political Action Germans To War With Chinese: Changing Relationship for Germans and Chinese from Neutrality to War

Purchase Units - Germans
                Germans buy 1 carrier and 2 transports; Remaining resources: 0 PUs;

Combat Move - Germans
                1 submarine moved from 124 Sea Zone to 111 Sea Zone
                1 submarine moved from 117 Sea Zone to 106 Sea Zone
                1 submarine moved from 118 Sea Zone to 106 Sea Zone
                1 submarine moved from 108 Sea Zone to 109 Sea Zone
                1 submarine moved from 103 Sea Zone to 109 Sea Zone
                1 battleship moved from 113 Sea Zone to 111 Sea Zone
                2 fighters moved from Western Germany to 109 Sea Zone
                1 armour and 2 infantry moved from Slovakia Hungary to Yugoslavia
                1 armour moved from Romania to Yugoslavia
                1 infantry moved from Romania to Yugoslavia
                2 artilleries and 4 infantry moved from Greater Southern Germany to Yugoslavia
                3 armour moved from Holland Belgium to France
                2 artilleries and 4 infantry moved from Holland Belgium to France
                2 armour moved from Greater Southern Germany to France
                1 artillery and 3 infantry moved from Western Germany to France
                1 mech_infantry moved from Western Germany to France
                2 mech_infantrys moved from Western Germany to Southern France
                1 armour moved from Greater Southern Germany to Southern France
                1 fighter moved from Slovakia Hungary to Yugoslavia
                1 tactical_bomber moved from Poland to Yugoslavia
                1 tactical_bomber moved from Germany to Southern France
                2 tactical_bombers moved from Western Germany to 109 Sea Zone
                1 fighter moved from Holland Belgium to 111 Sea Zone
                1 tactical_bomber moved from Western Germany to 111 Sea Zone
                1 bomber moved from Germany to 109 Sea Zone
                1 fighter moved from Norway to 111 Sea Zone
                1 bomber moved from Germany to 111 Sea Zone
                1 armour moved from Poland to Yugoslavia

• '15 '14

Hey Arathorn!

I am quite surprised you rolled the dice already without awaiting my scramble orders!
    You e.g. took 1 air less than I would use in SZ109 and I was thinking back and forth whether to scramble 4 Figs when I suddenly received the dice emails.

I am really not sure what to do now?

• '15 '14

@arathorn:

So 2 subs 98 does not work?
    Oh well, then I would reconsider the 2 subs and would even consider Fig scotland 2 IPC London.

I am afraid this seems a bit messed up now as you rolled the dices already :-/

• '19 '13

@JDOW:

@arathorn:

So 2 subs 98 does not work?
    Oh well, then I would reconsider the 2 subs and would even consider Fig scotland 2 IPC London.

I am afraid this seems a bit messed up now as you rolled the dices already :-/

No, 2 subs in 98 doesn’t work ;) I thought we had an understanding of max 1 unit per sz/terr. That was the foundation for the high bid against Wheatbeer which you commented on.

Don’t worry though. Reconsider what you want to do. We can roll it all over. I will probably change my combat move if you change your bid. Just let me know.

I am actually at work, and meant to post and say that I chose not to scramble, but that you could feel free to reroll again and edit it in.

Just disregard the first round, and let me know what you want to do :)

• '19 '13

@JDOW:

Hey Arathorn!

I am quite surprised you rolled the dice already without awaiting my scramble orders!
    You e.g. took 1 air less than I would use in SZ109 and I was thinking back and forth whether to scramble 4 Figs when I suddenly received the dice emails.

I am really not sure what to do now?

As said, I was going to write “I chose no scramble but you can reroll after if you wanted to scramble” but since I am at work, I got distracted for a good while.

I didn’t scramble because usually no one wants to scramble those battles when I do that - it’s a sure thing to lose those ftrs, and with a german buy of cv and 2 trannies, UK can’t afford to lose any in defense.

• '15 '14

I see your point, however one should not always take all things for granted just because most players do it:)
    And in Sz109 you took one air less than usually, so scrambling all 4 is an option (despite the sealion threat^^)

So I accept the Bid change to Sub 91+98 and I would like to reroll in the forum with a Scotland scrambled fighter.

• '15 '14

SZ 111 of cuz:)

• '19 '13

I had closed the file, so I had to “roll” through it anyways.
    That is why you got new “rolls”. But I keep original results. All battles were the same except Southern France and France, and I edited the results, removing two arts from France and adding a Mech to Southern.

I scrambled your fighter, and I kept the same results, but you now have 1 ftr less because of the dice.

Map will be up shortly

• '19 '13

@arathorn:

I scrambled your fighter, and I kept the same results, but you now have 1 ftr less because of the dice.

Map will be up shortly

What I mean is that due to the dice, even with your scramble, I still have the same amount of units, whereas you lost the ships, plus the ftr you scrambled.

• '19 '13

TripleA Turn Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 2nd Edition, version: 3.7

Game History

Round: 1

Politics - Germans
                Germans takes Political Action: Political Action Germans To War With Chinese
                    Germans succeeds on action: Political Action Germans To War With Chinese: Changing Relationship for Germans and Chinese from Neutrality to War

Purchase Units - Germans
                Germans buy 1 carrier and 2 transports; Remaining resources: 0 PUs;

Combat Move - Germans
                1 submarine moved from 124 Sea Zone to 111 Sea Zone
                1 submarine moved from 117 Sea Zone to 106 Sea Zone
                1 submarine moved from 118 Sea Zone to 106 Sea Zone
                1 submarine moved from 108 Sea Zone to 109 Sea Zone
                1 submarine moved from 103 Sea Zone to 109 Sea Zone
                1 battleship moved from 113 Sea Zone to 111 Sea Zone
                2 fighters moved from Western Germany to 109 Sea Zone
                1 armour and 2 infantry moved from Slovakia Hungary to Yugoslavia
                1 armour moved from Romania to Yugoslavia
                1 infantry moved from Romania to Yugoslavia
                2 artilleries and 4 infantry moved from Greater Southern Germany to Yugoslavia
                3 armour moved from Holland Belgium to France
                2 artilleries and 4 infantry moved from Holland Belgium to France
                2 armour moved from Greater Southern Germany to France
                1 artillery and 3 infantry moved from Western Germany to France
                2 mech_infantrys moved from Western Germany to Southern France
                1 armour moved from Greater Southern Germany to Southern France
                1 fighter moved from Slovakia Hungary to Yugoslavia
                1 tactical_bomber moved from Poland to Yugoslavia
                1 tactical_bomber moved from Germany to Southern France
                2 tactical_bombers moved from Western Germany to 109 Sea Zone
                1 fighter moved from Holland Belgium to 111 Sea Zone
                1 tactical_bomber moved from Western Germany to 111 Sea Zone
                1 bomber moved from Germany to 109 Sea Zone
                1 fighter moved from Norway to 111 Sea Zone
                1 bomber moved from Germany to 111 Sea Zone
                1 armour moved from Poland to Yugoslavia

Combat - Germans
                British scrambles 1 units out of Scotland to defend against the attack in 111 Sea Zone
                Battle in France
                    Germans attack with 5 armour, 3 artilleries, 7 infantry and 2 mech_infantrys
                    French defend with 1 aaGun, 1 airfield, 1 armour, 1 artillery, 1 factory_major, 1 fighter and 6 infantry; British defend with 1 armour and 1 artillery
                    Germans captures 19PUs while taking French capital
                    Germans converts factory_major into different units
                    Germans win, taking France from French with 5 armour and 2 artilleries remaining. Battle score for attacker is 20
                    Casualties for Germans: 1 artillery, 7 infantry and 2 mech_infantrys
                    Casualties for French: 1 aaGun, 1 armour, 1 artillery, 1 fighter and 6 infantry
                    Casualties for British: 1 armour and 1 artillery
                Battle in Southern France
                    Germans attack with 1 armour, 2 mech_infantrys and 1 tactical_bomber
                    French defend with 1 artillery, 1 factory_minor, 1 harbour and 1 infantry
                    Germans win, taking Southern France from French with 1 armour, 1 mech_infantry and 1 tactical_bomber remaining. Battle score for attacker is 3
                    Casualties for Germans: 1 mech_infantry
                    Casualties for French: 1 artillery and 1 infantry
                Battle in Yugoslavia
                    Germans attack with 3 armour, 2 artilleries, 1 fighter, 7 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber
                    Neutral_Allies defend with 5 infantry
                    Germans win, taking Yugoslavia from Neutral_Allies with 3 armour, 2 artilleries, 1 fighter, 5 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber remaining. Battle score for attacker is 9
                    Casualties for Neutral_Allies: 5 infantry
                    Casualties for Germans: 2 infantry
                Battle in 109 Sea Zone
                    Germans attack with 1 bomber, 2 fighters, 2 submarines and 2 tactical_bombers
                    British defend with 1 destroyer and 1 transport
                    Germans win, taking 109 Sea Zone from Neutral with 1 bomber, 2 fighters, 2 submarines and 2 tactical_bombers remaining. Battle score for attacker is 15
                    Casualties for British: 1 destroyer and 1 transport
                Battle in 106 Sea Zone
                    Germans attack with 2 submarines
                    British defend with 1 destroyer and 1 transport
                    Germans win, taking 106 Sea Zone from Neutral with 2 submarines remaining. Battle score for attacker is 15
                    Casualties for British: 1 destroyer and 1 transport
                Battle in 111 Sea Zone
                    Germans attack with 1 battleship, 1 bomber, 2 fighters, 1 submarine and 1 tactical_bomber
                    British defend with 1 battleship, 1 cruiser, 1 destroyer and 1 fighter
                    Units damaged: 1 battleship owned by the British
                    Units damaged: 1 battleship owned by the Germans
                    Germans win with 1 battleship, 1 bomber, 2 fighters, 1 submarine and 1 tactical_bomber remaining. Battle score for attacker is 50
                    Casualties for British: 1 battleship, 1 cruiser, 1 destroyer and 1 fighter
                Trigger Germans Conquer France: Setting switch to true for conditionAttachment_French_1_Liberation_Switch attached to French

Non Combat Move - Germans
                Turning on Edit Mode
                EDIT: Adding units owned by Germans to Southern France: 1 mech_infantry
                EDIT: Removing units owned by Germans from France: 2 artilleries
                EDIT: Turning off Edit Mode
                3 aaGuns moved from Western Germany to Holland Belgium
                2 fighters and 2 tactical_bombers moved from 109 Sea Zone to Holland Belgium
                1 bomber moved from 109 Sea Zone to Holland Belgium
                2 fighters and 1 tactical_bomber moved from 111 Sea Zone to Western Germany
                1 tactical_bomber moved from Yugoslavia to Western Germany
                1 fighter moved from Yugoslavia to Southern Italy
                1 tactical_bomber moved from Southern France to Northern Italy
                1 cruiser and 1 transport moved from 114 Sea Zone to 113 Sea Zone
                2 infantry moved from Denmark to 113 Sea Zone
                2 infantry moved from 113 Sea Zone to Norway
                1 infantry moved from Norway to Finland
                      Germans take Finland from Neutral_Axis
                3 infantry moved from Poland to Slovakia Hungary
                1 infantry moved from Romania to Bulgaria
                      Germans take Bulgaria from Neutral_Axis
                2 infantry moved from Greater Southern Germany to Northern Italy
                3 artilleries and 6 infantry moved from Germany to Western Germany
                5 infantry moved from Germany to Greater Southern Germany
                3 aaGuns moved from Germany to Western Germany
                1 bomber moved from 111 Sea Zone to Western Germany

Place Units - Germans
                1 carrier and 2 transports placed in 113 Sea Zone

Turn Complete - Germans
                Total Cost from Convoy Blockades: 1
                    Rolling for Convoy Blockade Damage in 93 Sea Zone. Rolls: 6,1
                Germans collect 41 PUs (1 lost to blockades); end with 60 PUs total
                Trigger Germans 5 Swedish Iron Ore: Germans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 65 PUs
                Objective Germans 1 Trade with Russia: Germans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 70 PUs

• '15 '14

@arathorn:

@arathorn:

Map will be up shortly

What I mean is that due to the dice, even with your scramble, I still have the same amount of units, whereas you lost the ships, plus the ftr you scrambled.

you have, but obv because the dice of the second roll were even worse than the first one :)
    In the first battle I had 5 dices with a total defense value of 16 and made 1 hit
    In the second battle I had 5 dices with a total defense value of 17 and made 1 hit.

33 defense value (5,5 hits average) and I made 2.
    So despite France (3 survivors below average) very nice sea battle for you and the Brits are in trouble now. But at some point I believe one needs to put a higher price tag at some battles to give at least the chance to face a debacle.

• '15 '14

This is imo like gamerman ones said: When dices are bad, every move which lead to them look stupid:)

• '19 '13

@JDOW:

This is imo like gamerman ones said: When dices are bad, every move which lead to them look stupid:)

You got unlucky, but mostly because I hit with the sub and deprived you of another defense roll with the battleship.

It was a very risky decision but I understand it.

When will russia be up?

• '19 '13

@JDOW:

@arathorn:

@arathorn:

Map will be up shortly

you have, but obv because the dice of the second roll were even worse than the first one :)
    In the first battle I had 5 dices with a total defense value of 16 and made 1 hit
    In the second battle I had 5 dices with a total defense value of 17 and made 1 hit.

33 defense value (5,5 hits average) and I made 2.
    So despite France (3 survivors below average) very nice sea battle for you and the Brits are in trouble now. But at some point I believe one needs to put a higher price tag at some battles to give at least the chance to face a debacle.

It wasn’t the best of luck for you. It is always frustrating. This will prove to cause a lot of head ache for you in our game.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m