What do you do when…Germany fails to take France

• Dagnabit it happened to me….I know give it to Italy, I would love to hear what you think.

• Sponsor

Start over!

• @Young:

Start over!

Might aswell.

• Yea I’ll see what it looks like at the end of one

• '21 '18

It never happened to me but if it was the case, I think that I would have done the following things…

1 - Let Italy captures Paris and go berserk with all the French IPC.
    2 - With the decreased successful probabilities of Sealion or Barbarossa, I’ll still try to achieve something offensively but I would also contemplate a Fortress Europe scenario.
    3 - Rely more on Japan to secure an Axis victory.

The game is not over if Germany lost the Battle of France in G1. It’s just harder then to get an Axis win and it opens the way for a lot of new moves and strategies to try. It’s not that I want it badly but I’d like to get a try at it if things get really wrong :wink:.

• Yea, if italy gets france after a failed ger, then UK might be able to get away with going ham on italy.  Russia will likely be able to live longer, which means US can spend more time on Japan.  It’s still play by ear.

• Dow r1 as Japan and gambit much more than usual by going Japan dd vs anzac dd,tranny.

You might also go India r3 crush if you know how to, because its very dicy and you might get realy lucky.

• '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

UK may strafe Northern Italy with 6 planes and land all remaining plus Gibraltar fighter in Paris.

Sorry guys for being out of commission all summer.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

@variance:

UK may strafe Northern Italy with 6 planes and land all remaining plus Gibraltar fighter in Paris.

My highest hopes!!

• Customizer

Believe it or not, I had one game where Germany failed to capture Paris G1. UK landed several fighters there and Italy ALSO failed to capture Paris. France bought as much as they could and Germany actually failed a second time. Italy finally managed to get Paris round 2.
    That was a miserable game for the Axis. The only thing that went right was sinking the Royal Navy. It was the first time I tried an Operation Cloverfield with Germany. Without France’s money, I wasn’t able to get nearly enough transports with men and equipment and the invasion of the US East Coast failed miserably on G3. Italy wasn’t able to do as much with France’s money but make a little headway against UK in the Med.
    By Round 4, Russia was chomping at the bit to attack Germany, which they did very well. US and UK came back with a vengeance. Berlin actually fell before Rome, but only 1 round I think.
    Japan actually had a little fun in the Pacific but not for too long. With the Euro Axis doing so miserable at taking Paris and Germany’s failed Cloverfield, it didn’t take long for the Allies to beat up Germany and Italy. Then it was the whole world against Japan.

• Sponsor

@variance:

Welcome back my friend!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m