• Hey guys, if u land a UK fighter on a USA carrier, can it defend vs a german attack ?

Ty, love the forum!

PeterPaaPan

• Sponsor

@PeterPaaPan:

Hey guys, if u land a UK fighter on a USA carrier, can it defend vs a german attack ?

Ty, love the forum!

PeterPaaPan

Yes! If the UK fighter was on the US carrier prior to Germany’s turn, and America is at war, the UK fighter may defend with it’s American allies.

• Ty much Grasshopper, what happens if US is not at war, the fighter just gotta find a landing spot and if there is none, its gg ?

• Sponsor

@PeterPaaPan:

Ty much Grasshopper, what happens if US is not at war, the fighter just gotta find a landing spot and if there is none, its gg ?

If America is not at war, it is neutral without allies, so planes from other nations are not allowed to land on carriers belonging to a neutral nation.

EDIT* If a battle began or ended with an air unit that had no legal landing spot, we as a group would re-roll the entire battle without the plane/s in question.

• Ty very much!

• Customizer

@Young:

EDIT* If a battle began or ended with an air unit that had no legal landing spot, we as a group would re-roll the entire battle without the plane/s in question.

Why would you omit that plane from the battle? Even if it doesn’t have a landing spot, it can still participate in the battle. Plus, if you KNOW you are going to lose that plane anyway, you can take it as a casualty before another unit that would survive this battle and be okay. I’ve done that a few times here and there.

• '16

@knp7765:

@Young:

Why would you omit that plane from the battle? Even if it doesn’t have a landing spot, it can still participate in the battle. Plus, if you KNOW you are going to lose that plane anyway, you can take it as a casualty before another unit that would survive this battle and be okay. I’ve done that a few times here and there.

Because if a plane doesn’t have a legal landing spot, it shouldn’t be part of the battle in the first place.
    You can’t sacrifice planes like that.

• The plane does have a legal landing spot: the carrier that it came from. Just because the carrier doesn’t survive doesn’t make it any less of a legal move.

• Sponsor

From what I understood from the question, the air unit did not have a legal landing spot… If I misunderstood, than I apologize.

• '20 '18 '17 '15

1. The US must be at War.  Either post US3 collect income phase, or the Axis have declared war against them.
    2. The UK cannot land on the US carrier until the US is at war.
    3. Once they are at war, then BOTH units defend.

So it sounds like you moved a UK fighter onto a US carrier illegally.

• Sponsor

@Whackamatt:

1. The US must be at War.  Either post US3 collect income phase, or the Axis have declared war against them.
    2. The UK cannot land on the US carrier until the US is at war.Â
    3. Once they are at war, then BOTH units defend.

So it sounds like you moved a UK fighter onto a US carrier illegally.

He didn’t say he landed it, he ask “what happens if…”

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m