• I picked this game up on a whim from Walmart when I went to get Catan. I love it. This is exactly the type of game I want to play. So I’ve played a few games with a friend, and I’m looking to learn another, more complicated version. Most of the games I’ve seen are Global 1940 v2, it seems. I’ve taken a look through the instructions, and I’m pretty sure I got it all, but it seems like a strategic leap to go from this to that. I eventually want to learn to play G40, but for now a more gentle introduction would probably be best.

Any recommendations on what version to learn next? I was thinking maybe 1942 v2. I’d also like to play a few games of 41 on TripleA (so I can see what experienced play is like) but I’ll make another topic about that in the right forum.

• Welcome to the forum framling.
    I would buy 42.2 if I were you.
    Glad you enjoy the game. Global is a monster, loved by most here for its complexity and the possibilities that can ensue.

• The 1941 game is a good entry point for A&A, with the 1942 game being the next level up in size and complexity.  Before making the next jump up from 1942 to Global 1940, however, keep in mind is that the two separate components of Global 1940 – Europe 1940 and Pacific 1940 – can be played on their own.  Pacific 1940 has fewer player nations than Europe 1940, so you might want to try that one first, then the Europe game, before putting the two halves together to play the Global version.

• @CWO:

keep in mind is that the two separate components of Global 1940 – Europe 1940 and Pacific 1940 – can be played on their own.  Pacific 1940 has fewer player nations than Europe 1940, so you might want to try that one first, then the Europe game, before putting the two halves together to play the Global version.

I was actually doing that. I played one game of each (in that order, actually) against the TripleA AI just to play around with the rules in practice and see how the powers fit together with all the new stuff. Unfortunately, it was just a bit overwhelming so I figure something like 42.2 would be good. I just wasn’t sure if there was a better version than that one to check out first.

• Afraid not. They are, as Marc says, the three levels of complexity.
    42.2 is the 42. 5 version on AAA if you wanted to look that one up.

• I played crap out of the old Milton Bradley version back in the day. I lost/sold/gave away my copy of the game a some point.

Recently, I found 1941 at Target for 8 bucks, so I snatched it up. some friends and I played it that night and I noticed it was a lot different, I like that it’s not as time consuming as the original.

That being said, I hit Ebay and scored a copy of the old MB version.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Are you framling me?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m