• Please help,

at P.18 (Europe 2nd rulebook)

“If you moved any units into unoccupied hostile territories or hostile territories that contain only facilities and/or AAA units, no actual combat is necessary. Simply skip to step 7 (Conclude Combat) for each of these territories and remove any AAA units that might be in them.”

at P.27

“Air Defense: An AAA unit can fire at an air unit only when that unit attacks land and/or air units in the territory containing that AAA unit. AAA units fire only once, before the first round of combat.”

So I assume , if a defending territory has only 1 AAA,

1)  if i attack with just a INF, than no combat, automatic win and AAA destory
    2)  if i attack with 1 INF and 1 FIG, does AAA got the first shoot?  then got destoryed?
    3)  if i attack with just 1 FIG, does AAA got the first shoot also?  then got destoryed?

• All true, but attacking with 1fgt is not smart if you can autokill it with a inf.

• Official Q&A

Welcome, Westernian!

As a point of clarification, if a territory containing only AAA (and possibly facilities) is attacked with only air units, the AAA are destroyed only if at least one of the attacking air units survives the air defense fire.

• Customizer

So air units can attack an AA gun directly?
    For example, UK starts out with 1 AA gun, 1 infantry and 1 fighter on Malta. Let’s say the fighter and infantry leave so the only thing left on Malta is the 1 AA gun. Now Italy has a fighter sitting in Libya and want’s to destroy that AA gun.
    First, the AA gun gets a shot @1 at the Italian fighter. Of course, if it gets a hit, the Italian fighter is immediately destroyed. However, if the AA gun misses, does the fighter have to roll a 3 or less to hit the AA gun? OR, is it automatically destroyed?

• @knp7765:

So air units can attack an AA gun directly?
    For example, UK starts out with 1 AA gun, 1 infantry and 1 fighter on Malta. Let’s say the fighter and infantry leave so the only thing left on Malta is the 1 AA gun. Now Italy has a fighter sitting in Libya and want’s to destroy that AA gun.
    First, the AA gun gets a shot @1 at the Italian fighter. Of course, if it gets a hit, the Italian fighter is immediately destroyed. However, if the AA gun misses, does the fighter have to roll a 3 or less to hit the AA gun? OR, is it automatically destroyed?

Well, the defending AAA cannot retreat, so the AA gun is automatically destroyed as opposed to requiring however many of combat it takes for a 3 to be rolled.

• wow~~ thanks guys for the quick reply~~

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m