How to hide your navy from each other

• we have been playing this way for six months ,and dont ant to play any other way . i would like to introduce this to whom ever has not already thought of it . as far as i know im the only one . also this is my first time to message besides FB. ……i am 300transports.
    we hide our navys in a drawer under our 4x9 game board. if you fly sevailance ,or use a boat as servalance over an ocupide sea zone or threw an occupide sz th en i take that navy out of the drawer and place it onto the board for everyone to see ,until it becomes that navy’s turn then it goes back into the drawer.many other rules come with this ,we have made like 20 rules more or less .

• Customizer

300transports,

––That would certainly put the “Fog of War” in the game! A very interesting idea.
    ––I believe I’ve read of some others that used a duplicate game board that was hidden in another room to accomplish this. It would be great if you had someone who would be interested in being the “Fogman” instead of a player in the game.

“Tall Paul”

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

@Tall:

300transports,

––That would certainly put the “Fog of War” in the game! A very interesting idea.
    ––I believe I’ve read of some others that used a duplicate game board that was hidden in another room to accomplish this. It would be great if you had someone who would be interested in being the “Fogman” instead of a player in the game.

“Tall Paul”

I’m really hoping an online version of this is created…

Basically - each turn before the “combat Movement phase” you create a “intelligence movement phase”, where you can purchase spies (dice), or send scouting planes etc.

Anything bordering your territory, or a sea zone you occupy, you can see… everything else is NIL.

• Just look at the old Panzer General game where you can “hide” enemy units. the only time you see them is when you enter that space.

• Customizer

Gar,

@Gargantua:

I’m really hoping an online version of this is created…
    Basically - each turn before the “combat Movement phase” you create a “intelligence movement phase”, where you can purchase spies (dice), or send scouting planes etc.
    Anything bordering your territory, or a sea zone you occupy, you can see… everything else is NIL.

––It’s always good to hear from you, Gar.
    ----I, too, think it would add a great deal to our gaming experience if their were a ‘recon’ element involved.
    ----This would make a PBY, PV-1, or Navy B-24 Privateer recon a/c a VALUABLE asset, not to mention
    AV seaplane tenders. These were one of the ship types I was proposing to HBG a year or two ago when they considered producing a U. S. Naval Supplement Set.
    ––IMHO we will get there one day soon, and I’m still VERY interested in having a "Solomons Islands game with a map the size of a G-40 game!  :-o

“Tall Paul”

• to those who responded to this hide your navy i say thanks . im hopeing to go to gen con this year and talk to Derek Guder about introduceing this to him so that one could play this way in the future , also im trying to e-mail him now ,but im not very com. savy so i ask any one to help me ? ……what every the case i just want to play! but i dont want to play unless we can hide the navy .

• Customizer

300transports,

@300transports:

i just want to play! but i dont want to play unless we can hide the navy .

––More power to you. I suggest you spend some time finding a solution to the “Fog of War” reconnaissance situation. I might give you some basic, but vital advice. IMHO, any “house rules” you come up with need to be:
    1.) Simple
    2.) Effective
    3.) Logical
    4.) Fast in gameplay terms
    5.) Easy to implement
    6.) Inexspensive
    7.) “Fit” the existing A&A game philosophy without making radical changes.
    ––I truly look forward to what you will come up with. There are a lot of extremely experienced A&A gamers on this forum that will be glad to help you with advice/suggestions. Good luck and get to work.

“Tall Paul”

• Task force markers
    Like in the game  Sink the Bismarck by 3E

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m