50th to GTO, donate to make it happen

• GTO running a kickstarter fundraiser to add games/upgrade existing games:
    Kickstarter page:
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1458803990/gametable-online-super-charged
    RobEng Thread on the 5 games to be added: “Games GTO Has Permission to Code and Host”
    http://www.gametableonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4704

New games would/may include

Axis & Allies Anniversary
    Caylus
    Conquest of the Empire
    Ghost Pirates
    Tsuro of the Seas

upgrades for A&A include
    Dice Log,
    adding Tech Development to Axis & Allies 1942,
    a resizable game window for Axis & Allies Revised,
    match play option for our faster playing games,
    a fog of war option for A&A games

Just thought i bring this to everybodys attention

Show your support for A&A

will be an awesome day when A&A 50th is playable on GTO,
    GTO is a great place to play A&A revised and spring 42, many games on a daily basis

• Customizer

Or you could donate to TripleA instead, which has kept A&A free to play for as long as we’ve been around.  We already have all the maps

Why waste your time with a game that costs roughly $10 per month (every month) to play a completely underwhelming experience on a limited number of maps?

TripleA is already integrated with your favorite website  ( http://www.axisandallies.org/ ), and provides far more options and far more maps than gto ever will.  Play TripleA instead!

http://triplea.sourceforge.net/

• While you make a good sales pitch, I have and occasionally play triplea already

And the 10$ monthly subscription to GTO gives you every game they offer, not just A&A
    I however simply paid 20$ for just A&A 2 years ago and I can play it as much as I want with no subscription

Call me weird but I prefer playing A&A on GTO
    And there is a very active community there, both live and PBE

This no discredit to triplea, which is great software with great developers, who keep up with updates and new games

I pledged 30$ to GTO and that gives me a 6 month subscription (a 53$ value)

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

There is absolutely 0, and I mean ZERO - commitment to adding Axis and Allies anniversary to GTO with this kick starter.

Have you read the page?  The ONLY reference to Axis and Allies is when they say they might add Conquest of the Empire which they had permission to do from the creator of Axis and Allies.

False advertising Uncrustable! ;) I’m unimpressed!

I especially like when I search for the word “anniversary” on the kick-starter page that I get “No matches found”.

The video with Mr. Eng also doesn’t even mention anniversary, and the forum link you’ve posted, which is totally unofficial, only says they have “permission” to code and host it.

By not advertising Anniversary AT-ALL, and the only caveat being the comment,

“Every single stretch goal beyond the listed ones will add more games! Stay tuned and we’ll announce them as we go.”

Which means Anniversary isn’t even being considered.

The “as we go” comment is great too, considering there are only 6 days left for this kick starter.

Someone’s pulled your leg hard Crust…

Have to say I’m with Veq on this one, GTO only has 29 games, and costs money.  Triple A is Free with new games coming out all the time.

• Well arent you just an angry little man garg :P

50th will be added, if enough money is pledged, it is not mentioned yet because it is too early in the kickstarter,
    it states “Every single stretch goal beyond the listed ones will add more games! Stay tuned and we’ll announce them as we go.”
    –-this means that more will be listed (50th is not yet listed, but is one of the games that would be, if enough money is made)
    Robg Eng posted the 5 games that he can code, that are not currently available on GTO
    Axis & Allies Anniversary
    Caylus
    Conquest of the Empire
    Ghost Pirates
    Tsuro of the Seas

As of now it is looking good for Tsuro, Ghost Pirates and Conquest of the Empire. But as the amount pledged rises, so do the chances of the other 2 games (50th and Caylus) of being added

I may be in the minority (i dont really give a rats arse) but no amount of angry posting is going to change the fact that i prefer GTO.
    And would love to play 50th on GTO,

I do use tripleA aswell, dont get me wrong, i have nothing against it

I just thought i would bring this to the attention of folks over here on A&A.org, even if i may be chastised for it

If AA50 was a clear goal I wouldn’t have any complaints.

I just don’t like being mislead. :P

• I agree with you 100%

They have announced now that a ‘mystery war game’ will be added if enough money is raised
    That along with the fact that 50th remains out of the 5 new code able games leads me to believe 50th is what they are referring too

I could be wrong of course
    And the kick started is only aimed at bringing the new games/upgrades faster
    They will most likely still be added, at some point in the near or distant future, if the kick starter were to fail

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m