• Since unfortunatly Bob_A_Nickelson hasn’t updated his aides and there are neither some from 94chanuck nor Minor Threat, I decided to do some myself.

I was inspired and guided by the great work those three do, my work isn’t as great (imo), but it should fullfill it’s function.

If anyone is interested, you can download the material here: http://www.mediafire.com/folder/lq4jl750b3kov/Axis_and_Allies_1940_Europe_2nd

The material includes:

• chart with the national objectives (size: A5)
    • chart to keep track of the national incomes (size: A4)
    • 6 national political situation charts, including Order of Play and Turn Sequence (size: A6)
    • 6 unit reference chart, including short describtion of specialties of the units and units shape for specific nation (size: A6) (for germany there are two versions: one with the units original colour and one where the units are black, so their shape can be seen better)

-> the national political situation chart and the unit reference chart can be put back on back
    -> charts for 1940 Global 2nd will follow at some point
    -> other grafical improvements might come to, I really just get into working with GIMP and my skill and knowledge are slowly improving

If anyone finds any errors or has any suggestions for improvements, please post!

• -> production charts updated and individualized for the 6 nations

-> graphics of political situation charts will be updated some point this summer (comparable to the pazific ones, which I think are much better)
    -> same goes for national objectives
    -> national income chart will be enlarged to A4, since A5 doesn’t provide enought room

• They look nice, USA political card mentions movement restrictions in Atlantic, Are there some in the Pacific as well?

• Customizer

Spirou,

––I would just like to extend my thanks to you for you time and efforts in producing all of these “game aids” to people for no charge. I will definitely print them out and use them in the near future. Thanks again and don’t forget to “duck” whenever the artillery fires. (g)

“Tall Paul”

• @mods: thanks for the sticky

-> realized, that the unit colour on the german unit reference chart is rather hard to see… I’ll see what I can do about it

@JamesAleman:

They look nice, USA political card mentions movement restrictions in Atlantic, Are there some in the Pacific as well?

Those cards are for 40Europe… 40Global 2nd Edition will follow (probably in August), the cards for 40pazific are on the Pazific 1940 board.

If it’s a question about the rules… I haven’t played global yet (got to play first europe and pazific a couple of times and have some of my friends played those enough times), so I’ll leave that to answer to someone else

@Tall:

Spirou,

––I would just like to extend my thanks to you for you time and efforts in producing all of these “game aids” to people for no charge. I will definitely print them out and use them in the near future. Thanks again and don’t forget to “duck” whenever the artillery fires. (g)

“Tall Paul”

Thanks, updates will follow and if you find anything that’s wrong or could be improved, please let me know

• update:

-the National Production Income chart is now size A4 (and holds 104IPCs instead of 54)
    -National Objectives chart graphics slightly improved (now combarable with the pazific chart)
    -second german unit chart, where the units are coloured black so their shapes can be seen better)

still to do: graphic improvement of the political situation charts
    (and of course global)

• @JamesAleman:

They look nice, USA political card mentions movement restrictions in Atlantic, Are there some in the Pacific as well?

I realize this question was asked like a year ago, but for anyone still wondering…Nope, there are no movement restrictions for the U.S. in the Pacific. Just Atlantic. I don’t have a rulebook in front of me, but I know Japan has a movement restriction against the U.S. It’s something like no sz next to U.S. territories.

• @Surrender@20:

…Nope, there are no movement restrictions for the U.S. in the Pacific. Just Atlantic. I don’t have a rulebook in front of me, but I know Japan has a movement restriction against the U.S. It’s something like no sz next to U.S. territories.

This is not correct:

There are movement restrictions for the U.S. in the Pacific when not at war with Japan: " … the United States may not end the movement of its sea units in sea zones that are adjacent to Japanese-controlled territories."

The Japanese restriction is (when not at war with the US): “Japan may not end the movement of its sea units within 2 sea zones of the United States’ mainland territories (Western United States and Alaska).”

Just to avoid confusion. :-)

• again…just have to say…very well done…simple and to the point…waiting now for global 40

• Agreed, these aids are amazing.  Does anyone have suggestions on how to print them nicely on card stock (like the game’s original)?  Would I just go to kinkos or something?

• Great job! Thank you very much  :-)

• @Spirou said in Game Aids Europe 1940 2nd Edition:

national objectives

Is there a national objectives chart for pacific 1940 that are similar two the europe edition?

Kind Regards
    Jonas

• @SGT-Pitbull said in Game Aids Europe 1940 2nd Edition:

Is there a national objectives chart for pacific 1940 that are similar two the europe edition?

Those are in the Pacific 1940 forum:
    https://www.axisandallies.org/forums/topic/21039/pazific-1940-2nd-edition-charts-and-aids

• @Panther THX :)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m