• Naval units are like tanks in that they can’t move after participating in combat right? Say the German battleship and some planes, first move of the game, goes out and hits those three British ships above Scotland. That’s two movement points to get there, but because it participated in combat it can’t move back one (it could move three originally, coming from W. Germany’s naval base). It is effectively stuck off the coast of Scotland, right?

Thanks for clarifying, I’m pretty sure I know the answer but my opponent plays differently…

• '17

Only planes can split their movement points between two phases.

So assuming the battleship in your example survives the battle and does not retreat before all Allied units are destroyed, it will be stuck off Scotland.

• Many thanks

• Not true. Tanks and Mech can also split their movement between two phases.

• Official Q&A

No, they can’t.

• @Commando:

Not true. Tanks and Mech can also split their movement between two phases.

why would they want to? (if they are not fighting)

• @ShadowHAwk:

Well you could move 1 step forward capturing a contry and then move 1 step back. Sort of capturing a country without actualy ending up there.

You can do that during the combat phase anyway, so long there are no units there.

• Customizer

@ShadowHAwk:

Well you could move 1 step forward capturing a contry and then move 1 step back. Sort of capturing a country without actualy ending up there.

Yes, but that happens during the combat move. Once the non-combat move phase comes around, that particular tank can not move again. It has to wait until that player’s next turn.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m