• What are the rules regarding placement of Chinese troops? Can you place all in single territory even though value would indicate you shouldn’t be able to? It has seemed easy to run Japan off of the continent with china in my games lately due to loading up new units in newly conquered Chinese/Japanese territory.

• You can place chinese units in any chinese-controlled territory, even newly captured ones. Value doesn’t matter.

• I find it hard to see how china can easily force Japan out.

• Japanese player went after DEi and continued on passed India, into Persian Gulf and Egypt.

• Customizer

Yeah, I have considered that rule a little unrealistic. Say China has 15 IPCs at the start of a turn so they buy 5 infantry. They attack a Japanese held territory and conquer it. Now they can place those 5 guys on the newly conquered territory. I mean, they just took this territory, and suddenly they have 5 new infantry to defend it along with whatever survived the attack. That can make things very hard for Japan, especially if they are deploying resources elsewhere (DEI, India, vs US Navy, etc.)
    Still, I suppose that rule makes up for China only being allowed to buy infantry and artillery (if the Burma Road is open). It really sucks as China when you lose that 1 precious fighter. I have seen games where Japan will deliberately send several planes just to take out that Chinese fighter.

• I guess its like when the Chinese army throws out the Jap invaders from a province, that they rally some supporters or something.

• I thought it was one china infantry/gun per territory?  No stacking builds.

That is how we play it on the board.

• Official Q&A

Axistiger13 is correct, except that they may only be placed in original Chinese territories that are controlled by China.  If China happens to control Kwangtung and/or Burma because it captured them from the Axis while India was Axis-held, it may not mobilize units in those territories.  There is no limit as to the number of units that may be mobilized in any given territory.

• '16

@AK_Grown:

I thought it was one china infantry/gun per territory?  No stacking builds.

That is how we play it on the board.

I can imagine that the Japanese player would have a swell time in Asia.

• I can imagine that the Japanese player would have a swell time in Asia.

Now that I know though, we might have to make the change on the board.

• Customizer

Actually, the Chinese placement rule isn’t quite as unfair as it would be for one of the big countries. Imagine if Russia could suddenly drop 37 IPCs worth of units in any of it’s original territories? Germany wouldn’t stand a chance.
    The thing is, even with the Burma Road open, China usually only gets about 14-16 IPCs per round so they could only place 4-5 men in any territory. If Japan manages to keep the Burma Road closed, then it’s more like 8-10 IPCs per round so they could only place 2-3 men in any territory. Japan should still be overwhelming them overall.
    Even if China drops 5 men in one territory, that will make things tough for Japan right there but what is going on in the rest of China? If China is plopping all their new men in a single territory, odds are they are leaving a lot of other territories undefended.
    Also, it does make some sense historically. It’s like ghr2 said, back during the war the Chinese Army drew a lot of their new recruits right from the regular population.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m