• If one were to set up and play G40.2e without NOs and special neutral power rules, that is all powers start at war, no special relationships, and no strict neutral is tied to any other strict neutral ( save for Mongolia, which would be considered a neutral power in itself) who would be favored?

All Mongolia tts would activate to the opposite side of the power that attacked any of its tts.
    Or just consider Mongolia a single tt with 6 INF.

• Allies are more NO driven than axis.  The entire US wartime income is made up of NO’s.

• @ghr2:

Allies are more NO driven than axis.  The entire US wartime income is made up of NO’s.

So playing it like this would make the axis favored ? heavily favored ?

• id say, early game allied favored, late game, axis favored.

• G1/J1 works well if u have no NOs to worry about.

• Japan and germany get +10 each from NO’s at the start of the game, where as the allies get only 5 from UK europe.

• When at war, japan loses the +10 and anzac as well as UK pac have a chance for NO’s.  Add that to the 20-25 ipcs that US would lose, as well as the Russian stuff, the allies will hurt more.

• @ghr2:

Japan and germany get +10 each from NO’s at the start of the game, where as the allies get only 5 from UK europe.

well they only get them if they don’t DOW round 1. No nation starts with any NOs.

• I think Italy would be pretty devastated making only 10 IPCs a turn (8 after they lose Libya and Ethiopia). The UK would have them for lunch in Africa and probably the upper med. For sure they would not be able to hold off a combined UK/US invasion. Greece would make up for it a little, but I’d imagine the UK would have no problem taking that from them, as well as Saudia Arabia and the the two 1 IPCs neutrals in Africa.

• @zanetheinsane:

I think Italy would be pretty devastated making only 10 IPCs a turn (8 after they lose Libya and Ethiopia). The UK would have them for lunch in Africa and probably the upper med. For sure they would not be able to hold off a combined UK/US invasion. Greece would make up for it a little, but I’d imagine the UK would have no problem taking that from them, as well as Saudia Arabia and the the two 1 IPCs neutrals in Africa.

yeah Italy may be a non factor without nos. but as a whole I think the allies might be more hurt

• @rjpeters70:

Without the special neutral powers rules or NOs, I’d go Axis.  If I was the Axis, I’d spend the first three rounds attacking Spain, Portugal, and Sweden for the IPCs, and setting up a huge presence in the Middle East by jamming my way through Turkey.  Build an IC in Iraq and possibly another in Turkey, then snatch up Persia, Arabia, Jordan, Syria, and be able to seriously threaten the Caucuses, Egypt (and therefore Africa), and India.  I would just ignore Russia for as long as I could, and wail on UK’s holdings.

US could of course pick up South America, worth 8-10 IPCs, and UK could if they wanted to pick up Mozambique and Angola, but overall, I think it benefits the Axis because it opens up the Middle East.

There wont be much to gain in attacking all of the true neutrals without having a giant bear ready to poor in.  I would just go G1/J1 since it will hurt the allies a lot more since the axis will easily be making as much money very quickly.

• @ghr2:

There wont be much to gain in attacking all of the true neutrals without having a giant bear ready to poor in.  I would just go G1/J1 since it will hurt the allies a lot more since the axis will easily be making as much money very quickly.

No NOs and no neutral rules.
    All powers start at war no special relationships like ANZAC/UK.

So there would be no debate on J1 or J2

Also what ‘giant bear’ is ready to pour in ? This went over my head apparently  :|

• @Uncrustable:

@ghr2:

No NOs and no neutral rules.
    All powers start at war no special relationships like ANZAC/UK.

So there would be no debate on J1 or J2

Also what ‘giant bear’ is ready to pour in ? This went over my head apparently  :|

I did not know everyone started at war with everyone.  Does this include true neutrals?  If true neutrals are normal, then I don’t see how germany can afford to send so much to claim them without compromising his position against russia.

• No special neutral rules. At all. Period. All powers start at war. Attacking one neutral doesn’t change any other neutral.
    Neutrals remain neutral unless directly attacked, at which time they would mobilize their army and fight against the invader, and join the opposite side.

• Customizer

No NOs and no special political situations? This sounds very interesting. I’m going to have to try this out.
    I understand that all strict neutrals are simply strict neutrals and you just attack them to get the IPC value of that territory. What about the neutrals that begin Pro-Allied or Pro-Axis? Do they still begin that way? Or do they change to strict neutrals now?
    What about the Dutch territories in the East Indies? If the UK/India or ANZAC land forces there, do they get the IPCs or are they simply occupying a friendly territory now.

By the way, Germany does start the game with an NO, the Sweeden NO. They don’t have to attack anything or NOT attack anything to get it. They just have to control Denmark and Norway with the Swedes being strict neutral, Pro-Axis or Axis controlled. Or were you saying no one starts with an NO in this version?

• No NOs. none. Zero. Lol
    Allied or axis friendly neutrals would remain that way.
    It would similar to 1914 as far as neutrals go (except no nation specific neutrals)

I will prob play this way in my next game of f2f g40.
    All the neutral rules and NOs can be difficult/confusing to keep up with, and can start some pretty heated arguments.
    Would be nice to have a balanced setup for this, would be better esp for newer players who want to play on the large board

• I do agree that it can be very hard for new people to get used to all the neutral/politic/NO rules.

• @ghr2:

I do agree that it can be very hard for new people to get used to all the neutral/politic/NO rules.

Perhaps a better alternative is the Larry Harris 1942 setup- all major nations at war already!

• @BJCard:

@ghr2:

I do agree that it can be very hard for new people to get used to all the neutral/politic/NO rules.

Perhaps a better alternative is the Larry Harris 1942 setup- all major nations at war already!

There is such a thing?

• Apparently, but it isn’t posted anywhere yet.  check out the variant subforum with the ‘G42’ title

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m