India, should it have unlimited production?

• The UK can easily get their income into the 38-42+ IPC range by the 3rd-4th turn by taking the Mid East neutrals, a couple Turk territories, and getting control of Africa. We have played several games and in the early goings the UK has spent its entire income in India in several of them. Sometimes it spends only in India for a couple turns (over 80 IPCs). From there they either head straight for Russia to save the day, or over power the Turks. UK then focuses on the Western front as the game goes on (because it takes the Germans so long to get to Paris). They can rebuild the home navy pretty fast w/help of the French fleet to guard transports etc…

Besides that it is nearly impossible for the CP/Turks to threaten India (they’ll just laugh at you) when they can see it coming from a mile away and drop 14 units there a turn if they want too (14 inf costs 42 IPCs). I know you can’t have India capped at its IPC level for builds (4 units would be ridiculously weak), but why not 2X its IPC level (at 8 units). I based this loosely on how the neutral armies mobilize units at 2X their IPC level. UK India should show some kind of squeeze shouldn’t it? At 8 units production you can still build like 4inf/4art for 30 IPCs. You could still spend more (whole income) if your building ftrs/tanks in the mix, but at least there would be some kind of limit set. I don’t think you would have much trouble controlling the Mid East/Africa, and get units into Russia/Med with a cap of 8 units max per turn. It would force the UK to be a little more balanced between London/India, and a bit more planning to get the job done.

Proposal to test:

The UK can only build 8 units in India per turn (2X India’s IPC level). It can still only build ground units, and ftrs.

• Customizer

I think eight is still way too many. Four is enough, and forces Britain to feed India regularly, rather than just magic up a huge Indian/Anzac army at a moment’s notice.

Probably the reason its not limited is that they felt if the UK is successfully blockaded at home it can still fight on another front with new units.

• I think it should be four.

• No, I think 4 units would be horrible for game play, and the Turks would have a good chance to take them out. 8 units seem like a lot, until you have seen 12 units dropped there 2-3 turns in a row LOL. I wouldn’t want them to be too weak to get anything done, or defend themselves, just to tone it down a bit. The UK can ignore India, then bam instant army in two turns. With a limit of 8 units they can still do that to a degree, but it will be weaker then w/o any limits.

At least we agree that it shouldn’t be unlimited

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m