• Are the British units same color then the one from the other editions?

• The British infantry sculpts in the early A&A games (including the original Pacific game) were slightly darker than the current light beige ones.  I usually refer to them as medium tan.  The British equipment sculpts in the Milton Bradley edition were pale beige – very close to the current British shade – but for the next few games afterwards (including Pacific) they were the same medium tan shade as the infantry sculpts.  The difference is pronounced enough that you can tell the two shades apart if you look at them closely, but at the same time the two shades are similar enough that when you use them alongside each other they don’t call too much attention to themselves.  I use my medium tan pieces to represent Indian units.

• Thanks
    They looked different but I wasn’t sure if they were really or it was simply the light.

• I bought A&A Pacific back in 2007 immediately after I came back from a year long deployment but never played it as I moved and my A&A buddy wasn’t able to link up with me. I recently moved back to my hometown and have linked up with my buddy and found another avid A&A player so I hope to play Pacific in the next week. Finally!!!

• Customizer

My revised edition was one of the newer versions and it has tan Brits with a very slight pinkish/reddish hue. That’s probably not the best description, but you’d have to see them side by side in live comparison to show what I speak of.

• Customizer

@MidnightExpress:

I have an early edition of A&AP where the UK units are medium tan as CWO Marc described, with brown China and red Japan units. I also have a later edition with orange Japan and bright red China units, and the UK pieces are sort of a lighter peach colored, not really tan. They’re more like what the UK pieces in A&ABoB look like. The earlier version also had 12 dark green USMC infantry and the later edition included 25.

Yeah, that was a mistake. I got one of those too. There are supposed to be 25 regular US infantry and 12 Marines.

@toblerone77:

My revised edition was one of the newer versions and it has tan Brits with a very slight pinkish/reddish hue. That’s probably not the best description, but you’d have to see them side by side in live comparison to show what I speak of.

I know what you are talking about. The color was really odd. Most players refer to it as “salmon”.
    If you check out my thread “The Evolution of Axis & Allies pieces, Take 2” in the Variants thread, I give a pretty decent explanation of all the different pieces from each version of Axis & Allies over the years along with some pictures.
    By the way, it is called “Take 2” because I tried listing a history earlier and found I was missing quite a bit. The second one was much more complete.

• Customizer

That is a really good thread knp!

• Customizer

Texasranger97 & Others,

@texasranger97:

Are the British units same color then the one from the other editions?

––Since you’ve no doubt already learned the answer(s) to your questions I thought I’d give you my
    ‘two cents’ worth also. In order to keep both of the U.K. commands separate, physically as well as financially, some time ago I decided to utilize the ‘Union Jack’  flag for the national insignia for my U.K.-Far East Forces (Calcutta-based). Shown below are Infantry for both the Pacific and European theaters. I call the Calcutta-based Infantry “Jacks” in recognition of their Union Jack. Enjoy

“Tall Paul”
    ––Here’s the Europeans

infantry-uk_europe01.jpg

• Customizer

And here’s the U.K.-Far East Forces(Calcutta-based) or “Jack’s” as I call them. And a close-up,too.

“Tall Paul”

uk_inf_jack.jpg
    uk_inf_jack2.jpg

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m