G40 Stalingradski (Axis) vs Elevenjerk (Allies)

• Here we go ~

• Test summary from TripleA, engine version: 1.6.1.4, time: 22:32:31

• Eleven - we didn’t talk bid first… 10 - 12 IPCs is pretty standard - you name the amount and tell me where your units/IPCs and I’ll edit them on the board before I begin. If you want to play with no bid, that’s fine too… but it helps the Allies stay alive early.

• Sorry man, got home late.  I have never played with a bid before so we can just go with 10.  Art in anglo egyptian sudan and 2 inf in London.  Am I supposed to see something with that test JPG besides the black box saying “testing file download”?

• Nope - the test file is exactly what you should see. I’ll edit the map and ask you for scramble orders!

Remember that since this is a learning experience for you, please don’t worry at all about asking me questions, or having to go back in time to fix something, etc. I can walk you through any issues you have with the platform.

We can also talk strategy all you want  :-)  That’s just as fun to me as playing the game.

• Scramble any fighters in SZs 110 or 111?

By the way, there is a nice battle calculator built into the game. At the top left, go into Game, and at the bottom of thdrop down menu you’ll see the calculator. Mess around with it as much as you can - any time you’re unsure about a battle.

I don’t know how much you depend on odds, but it was a huge evolution for me a few years ago when I stopped relying on my gut instinct and started relying on making (mostly  :-D) rational decisions about when to fight and when not to.

Scramble orders UK.tsvg

• No scramble.  Do I open this as just a local game or a forum game?  The forum game asks for a bunch of info I don’t have.

• Start by loading it as a Saved Game. Then Start PBEM game. The information should already be loaded for you. From there, you click Play at the bottom of the screen. Let me know if that doesn’t work for you, and we can trouble shoot more specifically.

• Actually, I just realized you need to register at Marti with your e-mail address… when I went to roll the battles, it failed because of it.

I have to go do some family stuff for a couple hours… if you search on the site, you’ll find threads explaining how to register with marti for dice rolls. It’s free and easy - I’m technologically in the stone age and even I could do it  :-D

If you can’t find the info, I can dig nack through old e-mails etc. when I get home and see if I can help out.

• Test summary from TripleA, engine version: 1.6.1.4, time: 11:20:36

• I am registered for the dice server now. Â

• TripleA Turn Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 2nd Edition, version: 3.6

Game History

Round :1

Purchase Units - Germans
                Germans buy 1 carrier, 1 destroyer and 1 submarine; Remaining resources: 0 PUs;

Combat Move - Germans
                1 fighter moved from Holland Belgium to 110 Sea Zone
                1 submarine moved from 124 Sea Zone to 111 Sea Zone
                1 battleship moved from 113 Sea Zone to 111 Sea Zone
                1 fighter moved from Norway to 111 Sea Zone
                1 tactical_bomber moved from Germany to 111 Sea Zone
                1 bomber moved from Germany to 111 Sea Zone
                3 armour, 2 artilleries and 4 infantry moved from Holland Belgium to France
                2 fighters and 3 tactical_bombers moved from Western Germany to 110 Sea Zone
                1 bomber moved from Germany to 110 Sea Zone
                1 submarine moved from 103 Sea Zone to 110 Sea Zone
                1 submarine moved from 108 Sea Zone to 110 Sea Zone
                1 submarine moved from 118 Sea Zone to 117 Sea Zone
                2 submarines moved from 117 Sea Zone to 106 Sea Zone
                3 armour moved from Greater Southern Germany to France
                1 artillery, 3 infantry and 4 mech_infantrys moved from Western Germany to France
                2 artilleries and 6 infantry moved from Greater Southern Germany to Yugoslavia
                2 infantry moved from Slovakia Hungary to Yugoslavia
                1 armour and 1 tactical_bomber moved from Poland to Yugoslavia
                1 armour and 1 fighter moved from Slovakia Hungary to Yugoslavia
                1 armour moved from Romania to Yugoslavia

Combat - Germans
                Battle in Yugoslavia
                    Germans attack with 3 armour, 2 artilleries, 1 fighter, 8 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber
                    Neutral_Allies defend with 5 infantry
                    Germans win, taking Yugoslavia from Neutral_Allies with 3 armour, 2 artilleries, 1 fighter, 7 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber remaining. Battle score for attacker is 12
                    Casualties for Neutral_Allies: 5 infantry
                    Casualties for Germans: 1 infantry
                Battle in 106 Sea Zone
                    Germans attack with 2 submarines
                    British defend with 1 destroyer and 1 transport
                    Germans win, taking 106 Sea Zone from Neutral with 1 submarine remaining. Battle score for attacker is 9
                    Casualties for Germans: 1 submarine
                    Casualties for British: 1 destroyer and 1 transport
                Battle in 110 Sea Zone
                    Germans attack with 1 bomber, 3 fighters, 2 submarines and 3 tactical_bombers
                    French defend with 1 cruiser; British defend with 1 battleship and 1 cruiser
                    Units damaged: 1 battleship owned by the British
                    Germans win with 1 bomber, 3 fighters and 3 tactical_bombers remaining. Battle score for attacker is 32
                    Casualties for Germans: 2 submarines
                    Casualties for French: 1 cruiser
                    Casualties for British: 1 battleship and 1 cruiser
                Battle in 111 Sea Zone
                    Germans attack with 1 battleship, 1 bomber, 1 fighter, 1 submarine and 1 tactical_bomber
                    British defend with 1 battleship, 1 cruiser and 1 destroyer
                    Units damaged: 1 battleship owned by the British
                    Units damaged: 1 battleship owned by the Germans
                    1 battleship owned by the Germans and 1 submarine owned by the Germans retreated to 112 Sea Zone
                    British win with 1 battleship remaining. Battle score for attacker is 20
                    Casualties for British: 1 cruiser and 1 destroyer
                Battle in France
                    Germans attack with 6 armour, 3 artilleries, 7 infantry and 4 mech_infantrys
                    French defend with 1 aaGun, 1 airfield, 1 armour, 1 artillery, 1 factory_major, 1 fighter and 6 infantry; British defend with 1 armour and 1 artillery
                    Germans captures 19PUs while taking French capital
                    Germans converts factory_major into different units
                    Germans win, taking France from French with 6 armour, 3 artilleries and 4 mech_infantrys remaining. Battle score for attacker is 32
                    Casualties for Germans: 7 infantry
                    Casualties for French: 1 aaGun, 1 armour, 1 artillery, 1 fighter and 6 infantry
                    Casualties for British: 1 armour and 1 artillery
                Trigger Germans Conquer France: Setting switch to true for conditionAttachment_French_1_Liberation_Switch attached to French

Non Combat Move - Germans
                1 aaGun moved from Western Germany to France
                3 aaGuns, 3 artilleries and 11 infantry moved from Germany to Poland
                2 infantry moved from Romania to Bulgaria
                      Germans take Bulgaria from Neutral_Axis
                1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber moved from Yugoslavia to Southern Italy
                1 cruiser and 1 transport moved from 114 Sea Zone to 112 Sea Zone
                2 infantry moved from Denmark to 112 Sea Zone
                2 infantry moved from 112 Sea Zone to Norway
                3 infantry moved from Norway to Finland
                      Germans take Finland from Neutral_Axis
                1 bomber moved from 111 Sea Zone to Western Germany
                1 bomber moved from 110 Sea Zone to Western Germany
                3 fighters and 3 tactical_bombers moved from 110 Sea Zone to Western Germany
                1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber moved from 111 Sea Zone to 112 Sea Zone
                2 aaGuns moved from Western Germany to Germany

Place Units - Germans
                1 carrier, 1 destroyer and 1 submarine placed in 112 Sea Zone

Turn Complete - Germans
                Germans collect 39 PUs; end with 58 PUs total
                Trigger Germans 5 Swedish Iron Ore: Germans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 63 PUs
                Objective Germans 1 Trade with Russia: Germans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 68 PUs

• G1 went a little in my favor - almost textbook - up a few land units and up a sub at sea.

• Oh well, what can I do but cry and whine a little bit :-D  Done with russia’s move.  What do I do now?  Do I finish the move entirely so that it is Japan’s turn, then save and post it on here?

• I think this is right.

• Have to leave for a bit.  I will try to make sure we get through a whole turn tonight, if not more.

• I forgot to move the 6 russian inf from amur to Buryatia.  Should I start over or can  you just edit that?

• TripleA Turn Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 2nd Edition, version: 3.6

Game History

Politics - Japanese

Purchase Units - Japanese
                Japanese buy 1 factory_minor and 2 transports; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 6 SuicideAttackTokens;

Combat Move - Japanese
                1 infantry moved from Jehol to Chahar
                      Japanese take Chahar from Chinese
                1 infantry moved from Shantung to Anhwe
                      Japanese take Anhwe from Chinese
                1 artillery and 3 infantry moved from Kiangsi to Hunan
                1 mech_infantry moved from Manchuria to Anhwe
                1 artillery and 3 infantry moved from Kwangsi to Yunnan
                1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber moved from Kiangsu to Yunnan
                2 bombers moved from Japan to Yunnan
                2 fighters and 2 tactical_bombers moved from Manchuria to Anhwe
                2 fighters and 2 tactical_bombers moved from Anhwe to Hunan
                1 fighter moved from Formosa to Hunan

Combat - Japanese
                Battle in Yunnan
                    Japanese attack with 1 artillery, 2 bombers, 1 fighter, 3 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber
                    Chinese defend with 4 infantry
                    Japanese win, taking Yunnan from Chinese with 1 artillery, 2 bombers, 1 fighter, 1 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber remaining. Battle score for attacker is 6
                    Casualties for Japanese: 2 infantry
                    Casualties for Chinese: 4 infantry
                Battle in Hunan
                    Japanese attack with 1 artillery, 3 fighters, 3 infantry and 2 tactical_bombers
                    Chinese defend with 2 infantry
                    Japanese win, taking Hunan from Chinese with 1 artillery, 3 fighters, 2 infantry and 2 tactical_bombers remaining. Battle score for attacker is 3
                    Casualties for Japanese: 1 infantry
                    Casualties for Chinese: 2 infantry

Non Combat Move - Japanese
                3 fighters and 2 tactical_bombers moved from Hunan to Kwangsi
                2 bombers, 1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber moved from Yunnan to Kwangsi
                1 fighter moved from Okinawa to Kwangsi
                2 fighters and 2 tactical_bombers moved from 6 Sea Zone to 20 Sea Zone
                2 fighters and 2 tactical_bombers moved from 20 Sea Zone to Kwangsi
                1 fighter moved from Korea to Kiangsu
                1 artillery and 1 infantry moved from Jehol to Chahar
                1 artillery and 2 infantry moved from Shantung to Anhwe
                1 artillery and 1 infantry moved from Kiangsu to Anhwe
                2 infantry moved from Kiangsu to Kiangsi
                1 infantry moved from Okinawa to 19 Sea Zone
                1 artillery moved from Manchuria to 19 Sea Zone
                1 artillery, 1 infantry and 1 transport moved from 19 Sea Zone to 20 Sea Zone
                1 battleship, 1 destroyer and 1 submarine moved from 19 Sea Zone to 20 Sea Zone
                1 battleship, 1 cruiser, 1 destroyer and 1 submarine moved from 20 Sea Zone to 36 Sea Zone
                1 artillery, 1 infantry and 1 transport moved from 20 Sea Zone to 36 Sea Zone
                1 artillery and 1 infantry moved from 36 Sea Zone to Kwangsi
                2 carriers moved from 6 Sea Zone to 20 Sea Zone
                2 carriers moved from 20 Sea Zone to 36 Sea Zone
                1 transport moved from 20 Sea Zone to 6 Sea Zone
                1 armour, 1 artillery and 2 infantry moved from Japan to 6 Sea Zone
                1 artillery, 1 infantry and 1 transport moved from 6 Sea Zone to 20 Sea Zone
                1 artillery, 1 infantry and 1 transport moved from 20 Sea Zone to 36 Sea Zone
                1 artillery and 1 infantry moved from 36 Sea Zone to Kwangsi
                1 armour and 1 infantry moved from 6 Sea Zone to Korea
                1 battleship, 1 cruiser, 2 destroyers and 1 submarine moved from 6 Sea Zone to 17 Sea Zone
                1 battleship, 1 cruiser, 2 destroyers and 1 submarine moved from 17 Sea Zone to 33 Sea Zone
                1 destroyer moved from 33 Sea Zone to 36 Sea Zone
                2 fighters and 2 tactical_bombers moved from Japan to 19 Sea Zone
                2 fighters and 2 tactical_bombers moved from 19 Sea Zone to 36 Sea Zone
                1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber moved from 36 Sea Zone to Kwangsi
                1 aaGun and 6 infantry moved from Manchuria to Jehol
                2 infantry moved from Korea to Manchuria

Place Units - Japanese
                1 factory_minor placed in Kiangsu
                2 transports placed in 6 Sea Zone

Turn Complete - Japanese
                Japanese collect 30 PUs; end with 30 PUs total
                Objective Japanese 1 Trade With America: Japanese met a national objective for an additional 10 PUs; end with 40 PUs

• At the end of your turn, once all your NCM is done, you just click Post Turn Summary.

It then automatically posts the game to this site, and saves it with a file name reflecting whose turn just went… so the one you can download from me will include ‘J1’; your next post will be A1 for the US, etc.

Game History

Purchase Units - Americans
                Americans buy 1 carrier, 1 destroyer, 3 submarines and 1 transport; Remaining resources: 3 PUs;

Combat Move - Americans

Non Combat Move - Americans
                1 artillery and 1 infantry moved from Western United States to 10 Sea Zone
                1 carrier moved from 10 Sea Zone to 26 Sea Zone
                1 artillery, 1 infantry and 1 transport moved from 10 Sea Zone to 26 Sea Zone
                1 transport moved from 26 Sea Zone to 10 Sea Zone
                1 infantry moved from 26 Sea Zone to Hawaiian Islands
                1 artillery moved from 26 Sea Zone to Hawaiian Islands
                1 fighter moved from 10 Sea Zone to 101 Sea Zone
                1 destroyer moved from 10 Sea Zone to 26 Sea Zone
                1 battleship, 1 cruiser and 1 tactical_bomber moved from 10 Sea Zone to 26 Sea Zone
                1 fighter moved from Hawaiian Islands to 26 Sea Zone
                1 destroyer and 1 submarine moved from 35 Sea Zone to 54 Sea Zone
                1 fighter moved from Philippines to Guam
                1 fighter moved from Western United States to Hawaiian Islands
                1 bomber moved from Central United States to Eastern United States
                1 fighter moved from Eastern United States to 101 Sea Zone

Place Units - Americans
                1 carrier, 1 destroyer and 1 transport placed in 101 Sea Zone
                3 submarines placed in 10 Sea Zone

Turn Complete - Americans
                Americans collect 52 PUs; end with 55 PUs total

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m