• Has anyone seen the British comedy Blackadder, more specifically the fourth season Blackadder Goes Forth, which is set in World War I? It’s a pillar of comedy and I recommend it to everyone here. I myself have a weakness for quoting lines from comedies (you don’t want to golf with me if you don’t like Caddyshack) and I can see myself finding a way to quote this show when playing this version. If you have Netflix, I demand that you at least check it out.

• I am a great fan and also quote this and other series of Blackadder.

• Oh yeah, I love that show, favorite of the blackadder series.

If you ever play a 1914 game where I am Britain, expect quotes to be had. Especially ‘the people we like to fight are four feet tall and armed with dried grass.’

• Some might like this:
    LIEUTENANT GEORGE
    Great Scott sir, you mean, you mean the moment’s finally arrived for us to give Harry Hun a darned good British style thrashing, six of the best, trousers down?
    CAPTAIN BLACKADDER
    If you mean, “Are we all going to get killed?” Yes. Clearly, Field Marshal Haig is about to make yet another gargantuan effort to move his drinks cabinet six inches closer to Berlin.

But this is a favourite of mine:

CAPTAIN BLACKADDER
    Can anyone tell me what’s going on?
    CAPTAIN DARLING
    Security, Blackadder.
    CAPTAIN BLACKADDER
    Security?
    GENERAL MELCHETT
    Security isn’t a dirty word, Blackadder. Crevice is a dirty word, but security isn’t.

• My favorite is this:
        LIEUTENANT GEORGE
    Sir, I forgot. If we should happen to tread on a mine, what do we do?
        CAPTAIN BLACKADDER
    Well, Lieutenant, I believe proper procedure is to jump about 200 feet in the air and scatter yourself over a wide area.

And of course this:
        CAPTAIN BLACKADDER
    Deny everything, Baldrick.
        (Baldrick nods)
        LIEUTENANT GEORGE
    Are you Private Baldrick?
        PRIVATE BALDRICK
    No!
        LIEUTENANT GEORGE
    Oh… Um, but you are Captain Blackadder’s batman?
        BALDRICK
    No!
        (Blackadder headdesks)
        GEORGE
    Come on, Baldrick, be a bit more helpful, it’s me!
        BALDRICK
    No it isn’t!

• Official Q&A

BARON VON RICHTHOVEN (Adrian Edmondson):
    Ah, and the Lord Flasheart. This is indeed an honour. Finally, the two greatest gentleman fliers in the world meet. Two men of honour, who have jousted together in the cloud-strewn glory of the skies, face to face at last. How often I have rehearsed this moment of destiny in my dreams. The panoply to encapsulate the unspoken nobility of a comradeship…

[LORD FLASHEART [i]pulls out pistol and shoots BARON VON RICHTHOVEN]

LORD FLASHEART (Rik Mayall):
    What a poof!

• '18 '17 '16 '15 '13 '11 '10

Blackadder is the greatest…I´ve stolen many an insult from him.

I also like the episode where Captain Darling shows the general the results of todays push.
    The general asks for the scale, but the slap of dirt on the table is the actual square meter everyone died for  :evil:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m