Using Anzac & Italy peices mixed into setup & mobilezation

• So just to add some flavor to my game I use italy peices in the initial setup in africa & italy/soutrn europe and use the complex to mobilize italian peices there.no game effect just variety but in australia I use anzac peices for setup & added a IC & use them in westrn australia allowing 2 units per turn to mobilize there.it brings a small gamechange but brings a variety level to it.(chinease troops in 3 us territories & france inf. & fighter in UK as part of initial setup with other 2)anybody else try something like this?does the IC in AUS effect it that much?

• Is Anzac a separate economy or does UK pay for the units placed there?

• I have done this, I also use the Italian and Anzac roundels but they are not separate economies. It’s fun seeing the progress they make. I wouldn’t add an IC in Australia though. Britain could always buy one and place it there anytime they want.

• Customizer

Sounds cool. I just hate separating up my games to do so. I thought about cannibalizing my AAP40 first edition for Canadians. … then again there’s alaways HBG

• @toblerone77:

Sounds cool. I just hate separating up my games to do so. I thought about cannibalizing my AAP40 first edition for Canadians. … then again there’s alaways HBG

When Pacific 1940 2nd edition came out, with its distinctive sculpt shapes for the ANZAC forces, I took the nation-specific storage box in which I had stored the 1st edition’s “ANZAC” sculpts (the butternut-grey British units) and I changed the box label to “Canada”.  The single change I made to the box contents is that I transferred a few of the 2nd edition ANZAC anti-aircraft guns to the Canadian inventory since that sculpt type wasn’t in the 1st edition.  The colour matches, so they don’t look out of place.

• Customizer

@CWO:

@toblerone77:

When Pacific 1940 2nd edition came out, with its distinctive sculpt shapes for the ANZAC forces, I took the nation-specific storage box in which I had stored the 1st edition’s “ANZAC” sculpts (the butternut-grey British units) and I changed the box label to “Canada”.  The single change I made to the box contents is that I transferred a few of the 2nd edition ANZAC anti-aircraft guns to the Canadian inventory since that sculpt type wasn’t in the 1st edition.  The colour matches, so they don’t look out of place.

TY Marc! I have no hope of ever getting an AAE40-1stEd so your idea sounds great! Thanks Brother!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m