• If all purchased units are supposed to be placed in the capital where do nations like France and Austria-Hungary, who have inland capitals, place their naval units? Or do I have the wrong impression of unit placement in that land units have to be placed in the capital and naval units can be placed on originally owned territory that has a naval base?

• Customizer

Its the latter, but we don’t know exactly which tts have naval bases yet.

My map has the likely locations.

The reason I have not placed NBs in colonial tts is that it seems absurd that, for example, the UK cannot place infantry in Scotland, but can build a battleship in Egypt.

• Ok, thank you very much Flashman. On a side note, if you were to implement Rail movement, would you give the Ottomans rail movement? I recall the Berlin-Baghdad railway but I don’t think it was completed before the war began.

• @Hitlers:

If all purchased units are supposed to be placed in the capital where do nations like France and Austria-Hungary, who have inland capitals, place their naval units? Or do I have the wrong impression of unit placement in that land units have to be placed in the capital and naval units can be placed on originally owned territory that has a naval base?

I pulled this from the end of the Russian report from Larry.

New sea units can be placed in any sea zone that shares a naval base symbol with a territory that you originally controlled. New units can enter play even in a contested territory or hostile sea zone. No combat occurs because the Conduct Combat phase will be long past.

Land & air units will be mobilized at your capital (with the possible exception of the UK having some limited building in Bombay? We’ll know soon, UKs report is due next). Ships will be mobilized from a naval base (no capital needed), and I don’t believe a power will have more then 1-2 naval bases on the map (probably won’t be able to build more either). The coastal capitals will have a naval base (guessing). Sounds like naval bases will be assigned to both a land territory, and a particular sz. A naval base also comes with mines that will roll at 1 vs enemy ships that move into, or through it.

• Customizer

To simplify things, yes. Rail anywhere in Europe and starting Ottoman tts.

Constantinople does not stop rail movement from Bulgaria to Angora or Smyrna.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m