POLL: Best rounds to start the global war?

• I’m starting to warm up to G1:J1.  It leaves no time for the Allies to regroup or even position themselves properly for defense.  What do you guys think?

• Much of it depends on if you think you can outplay the Allied player in the Pacific or in Europe.

There are some inherent bonuses to allowing Germany to advance on Russia before the US starts harassing Italy, and then Germany.

There are some inherent bonuses for a J1 DOW in order to race the clock to secure the VC’s before India starts creating problems.

• Sponsor

Good poll.

• Wow looks like G1:J1, G1:J3, and G2:J2 are pulling away!

• Sponsor

G1 is popular with half the voters.

• G1 is the only way to roll.  J1 I am yet to warm up to but give it time.

• Sponsor

@elzario:

G1 is the only way to roll.

:cry:   That was beautiful man!

• Right now I’m G2:J2

He who hesitates is lost, but haste makes waste

Give yourself a chance to win in both theaters…

• @Gamerman01:

Right now I’m G2:J2

He who hesitates is lost, but haste makes waste

Give yourself a chance to win in both theaters…

I see the merits in both.

• What surprises me is there are several people who start the war turn 3 or later with BOTH Germany and Japan.  Anyone want to comment as to why?

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

@BJCard:

What surprises me is there are several people who start the war turn 3 or later with BOTH Germany and Japan.  Anyone want to comment as to why?

Because it’s COOL.

• '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

As of today, I see 39 votes:
    G1: 14
    G2: 15
    G3: 9
    G4: 1

G2/J2 is the most popular combo so far, but the G1 movement is also gaining steam!

• TripleA

It is always good to try new things.

• I voted G2, J2. But personally I like a flexible aproach depending on which oponent im playing, how turn 1 for Germany went and how Soviet retreated. If I was unlucky G1 I might DOW J1 to aim for a pacific win ;)

I always try to strafe yugo, retreat Romania and then DOW G2, but if I end up taking it its not much of a problem.
    G3 is perfecly viable if you get Italian tank to can open so you dont have to declear war on Soviet and still collect your trade with USSR NO.

• @BJCard:

I’m starting to warm up to G1:J1. � It leaves no time for the Allies to regroup or even position themselves properly for defense. � What do you guys think?

i agree 100%
    it packs a big punch, can cut UKpac income down to 7 ipc by round 2, does not give the US time to flood the pacific board with more IPC than they can in the P40 game and puts lots of presure on russia asap.

• Wow, well, G2:J2 is the winner (10 votes) with
    G1:J1 (9 votes) and
    G1:J3 (7 votes) not far behind.

Anyone else want to vote or comment?

• I’d say G1:J1 on the basis that every round you delay is another round the Allies are building units and not losing them.

• @Spendo02:

I’d say G1:J1 on the basis that every round you delay is another round the Allies are building units and not losing them.

I agree with this 100% - especially on the pacific half of the board. While it is true that they don’t produce as many units when not at war, the smart US player will put a majority of his units on that side of the board anyway so my philosophy is to start chipping away ASAP. I guess in my mind it comes down to how long you want the game the last and if you feel like fighting a war with more boats…maybe some people are into that.

• @aaronimpulse:

@Spendo02:

I’d say G1:J1 on the basis that every round you delay is another round the Allies are building units and not losing them.

I agree with this 100% - especially on the pacific half of the board. While it is true that they don’t produce as many units when not at war, the smart US player will put a majority of his units on that side of the board anyway so my philosophy is to start chipping away ASAP. I guess in my mind it comes down to how long you want the game the last and if you feel like fighting a war with more boats…maybe some people are into that.

Some people would say the US has to spend at least one full turn on the Atlantic side to help the UK with Italy and/or help defend its fleet from German naval/air power.

• Sponsor

G1:J1 tied with G2:J2 @ 10 each. The only reason I see a delay past round 2 is if there is a blatant effort to do Sealion by turn 3.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m