P40 VonLetto (x) v Gamerman01 Pointlessly Broken, USA is doomed game 1

• This is the first test game of the KUSAF strategy on 2nd edition P40.

For the record, I have not studied VonL’s detailed strategy that he assures us will kill the USA with a very high percentage chance every single time.

All I know at this point is that he has a KUSAF strategy and it somehow involves the Aleutian islands and Z14.

Other than that, I have no idea what is coming.  If it succeeds the first time, maybe I will be granted another game to make adjustments.  After all, to say the game is broken your strategy has to be unstoppable even when the opponent knows pretty much exactly what is coming.  But in this first game I know none of the details.

• Test summary from TripleA, engine version: 1.6.1.4, time: 12:14:02

• Here’s the file.

Simply make your move, then after placing units, click “post turn summary” and it will post everything including the data file that I will need, to this thread.  Simple!

• Says I need a password when I try to post? And we need to repost after each time a round of dice are rolled?

• @Gamerman01:

This is the first test game of the KUSAF strategy on 2nd edition P40.

For the record, I have not studied VonL’s detailed strategy that he assures us will kill the USA with a very high percentage chance every single time.

All I know at this point is that he has a KUSAF strategy and it somehow involves the Aleutian islands and Z14.

Other than that, I have no idea what is coming.  If it succeeds the first time, maybe I will be granted another game to make adjustments.  After all, to say the game is broken your strategy has to be unstoppable even when the opponent knows pretty much exactly what is coming.  But in this first game I know none of the details.

For the record, I do not assure that it will kill the US every single time. What I do assure is that if Japan starts out this move, in almost a dozen games any Allied adaptation has been futile, not necessarily for the taking of USA, but for the Allies winning the game.

• @vonLettowVorbeck1914:

For the record, I do not assure that it will kill the US every single time. What I do assure is that if Japan starts out this move, in almost a dozen games any Allied adaptation has been futile, not necessarily for the taking of USA, but for the Allies winning the game.

Understood.  That’s why I said “with a very high percentage” chance.  If I err not, you have claimed 70% odds on USA and >90% odds on USA in previous posts.  If I can play it so that you only have 50% or less odds on USA and do not have a dominant position to win the game at that point, then I will have proven the game is not broken.  You need to have at least 60-70% or better odds on the USA by like what, round 5? to prove anything at all.  Do you not?

• Oh!  I believe it’s your password to your e-mail account - have you tried that?

• Test summary from TripleA, engine version: 1.6.1.4, time: 13:48:19

• So now I have to register my email somewhere to roll dice. What is the problem with a live game? We play till we have no time  left and then continue later.

• '12

@Gamerman01:

This is the first test game of the KUSAF strategy on 2nd edition P40.

Woo-hoo!  Gam-er-man! Gam-er-man!

• @Gamerman01:

@vonLettowVorbeck1914:

Understood.  That’s why I said “with a very high percentage” chance.  If I err not, you have claimed 70% odds on USA and >90% odds on USA in previous posts.  If I can play it so that you only have 50% or less odds on USA and do not have a dominant position to win the game at that point, then I will have proven the game is not broken.  You need to have at least 60-70% or better odds on the USA by like what, round 5? to prove anything at all.  Do you not?

Sounds mostly agreeable if I understand it correctly, but keep in mind that we have to consider the contingency of Japan switching gears too.

Honestly, this is all quite a lot of hassle to test a strat in a game that I am not convinced more than 11 people worldwide actually play. I am literally the only person I know of who hosts pac games on TripleA. PM me when you have a 2 hour block to test this out. I see no point in waiting for forum posts constantly when it is much easier to play live.

• '16 '15 '10

Well if it’s too much trouble vonLettow I might be willing to play Japs against Gamer to test it, and you can advise me.

But imho you should give it a go–it’s totally worth it to learn play-by-forum.  A little hard/tedious at first, but very easy once you get the hang of it.

Just register your email here and you’ll be all set
    http://dice.tripleawarclub.org/

• '16 '15 '10

• I was up intially for trying it once, but after twiddling my thumbs for the past two hours while getting exactly 0 rounds of the game in where we could be at round 6 in a live game, I feel severely frustrated and like I am wasting my time.

Constantly checking back in the forum is cool if you don’t have the time to lay aside a couple hours to play or if you are a notoriously slow player, but I want nothing to do with it. It’s been almost half an hour since I posted the issue I was having with dice, and in that half hour we could have done a round.

Gamerman, again, lmk when you got a few hours. It’s nothing personal, but I am very frustrated for this immense waste of my time.

• Thanks for the info Zhukov.

• TripleA Turn Summary for game: World War II Pacific 1940 2nd Edition, version: 3.0

Game History

Round :1

Politics - Japanese

Purchase Units - Japanese
                Japanese buy 3 transports; Remaining resources: 5 PUs; 6 SuicideAttackTokens;

Combat Move - Japanese
                1 infantry moved from Jehol to Chahar
                      Japanese take Chahar from Chinese
                1 infantry moved from Kiangsu to Anhwe
                      Japanese take Anhwe from Chinese
                1 infantry moved from Kwangsi to Hunan
                1 infantry moved from Kwangsi to Hunan
                1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber moved from Kiangsu to Hunan
                1 fighter moved from Formosa to Hunan
                2 fighters and 2 tactical_bombers moved from Manchuria to Hunan

Combat - Japanese
                Battle in Hunan
                    Japanese attack with 4 fighters, 2 infantry and 3 tactical_bombers
                    Chinese defend with 2 infantry
                    Japanese win, taking Hunan from Chinese with 4 fighters, 1 infantry and 3 tactical_bombers remaining. Battle score for attacker is 3
                    Casualties for Japanese: 1 infantry
                    Casualties for Chinese: 2 infantry

Non Combat Move - Japanese
                4 fighters and 3 tactical_bombers moved from Hunan to Kiangsi
                1 artillery and 1 infantry moved from Kiangsi to 20 Sea Zone
                1 infantry moved from Okinawa to 19 Sea Zone
                1 artillery moved from Kiangsu to 19 Sea Zone
                1 artillery, 1 infantry and 1 transport moved from 20 Sea Zone to 19 Sea Zone
                1 cruiser moved from 20 Sea Zone to 19 Sea Zone
                1 artillery and 1 infantry moved from Japan to 6 Sea Zone
                1 artillery, 1 battleship, 2 carriers, 1 cruiser, 2 destroyers, 2 fighters, 1 infantry, 1 submarine, 2 tactical_bombers and 1 transport moved from 6 Sea Zone to 14 Sea Zone
                1 artillery and 1 infantry moved from Jehol to Manchuria
                1 artillery and 3 infantry moved from Shantung to Jehol
                2 artilleries, 1 battleship, 1 cruiser, 1 destroyer, 2 infantry, 1 submarine and 2 transports moved from 19 Sea Zone to 6 Sea Zone
                1 fighter moved from Okinawa to Japan
                1 fighter moved from Korea to Japan
                1 infantry moved from Manchuria to Korea
                2 infantry moved from Kiangsu to Anhwe
                1 infantry moved from Kwangsi to Kiangsi
                1 artillery moved from Kwangsi to Kiangsi
                1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber moved from 33 Sea Zone to Caroline Islands
                1 carrier moved from 33 Sea Zone to 6 Sea Zone
                1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber moved from Japan to 6 Sea Zone
                2 artilleries and 2 infantry moved from 6 Sea Zone to Japan

Place Units - Japanese
                3 transports placed in 6 Sea Zone

Turn Complete - Japanese
                Japanese collect 29 PUs; end with 34 PUs total
                Objective Japanese 1 Trade With America: Japanese met a national objective for an additional 10 PUs; end with 44 PUs

• There it is. If this starts stretching into days what can be done in a couple hours I might just bow out.

• Is it possible to unsubscribe from the dice emails spamming up my inbox without unsubscribing from the dice service? I want to make sure before clicking the unsubscribe link.

• Just create a rule in your e-mail program to automatically route all e-mails from “MARTI” to a separate folder, and then they won’t be filling your inbox.

Dude, quit your whining!

First of all, there are a lot more than 11 interested players in the world.
    Second of all, Krieghund is about to change the rulebook after one player presents a strategy, with no demonstrations?  And now you’re not willing to play a game or two on a format you’re slightly unfamiliar with to prove it?

What’s the deal, man?  Are you for real?

• I’m beginning to wonder if you’re doubting your bullet-proof strategy now!

If it’s so great, put in a little time to prove it to all of us other A&A fans!  This game has been out for 2 1/2 years (it’s still basically the same thing).  If you can’t wait a week or two to play through a game claiming that it’s all busted, I don’t know what to say.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m