• Reading thru these threads, there are alot of abbreviations used & I’ve got an understanding on some, but others throw me for a loop & makes it hard to understand the post, even after rereading several times in some cases.

So if someone can help me out here it would sure lessen my confusion while reading some of your threads.

I think I pretty much figured out that R2=Russian turn 2, G2 & G3 & so on = German turn 2&3, etc.  Right?

Then I also think I got the “DOW” meaning “declaration of war”, right?

But saw an A2 the other day, like it was referring to a players turn move, however there is no a player & allied & axis both start with A, so that doesn’t work either?  & didn’t look like any other keyboard keys around the A for it to even have been a “fat finger” mistake.  ???

Then a post I was reading from Eggman yesterday had a “YG”,  whats that?

Another one from Cmdr Jennifer referred to a piece initialed “CRD”, which didn’t seem to work for Cruiser or Destroyer???

Just seems like so many initials, shorthand & nicknames that some of these posts need more figuring out for the meaning of the shorthand & initialing  than what the posts really about, & makes it harder, for a novice like myself, to understand & I get lost in the whole meaning of the situation thats trying to get clarified by the post.

• YG was probably for poster Young Grasshopper.

A2 is probably ANZAC 2.

Yeah we probably need to clean it up.

• DOW is correct. See you’re getting the hang of it!

• '12

I’ll have to admit I don’t think I’m 100% on CRD myself.  It’s something I have to try and guess from the context it appears in.

• YG is one of the members young grasshopper

• A2 could have been “America round 2”

Just keep reading - you’ll figure it out.  Don’t make us all type everything out just for newbies like you!

If you move to Rome, you need to learn Italian!

• CRD = convoy raid disruption, usually

• @Gamerman01:

A2 could have been “America round 2”

Just keep reading - you’ll figure it out.  Don’t make us all type everything out just for newbies like you!

If you move to Rome, you need to learn Italian!

"Ya, no  I dont intend on changing the shorthand, just gotta understand it & I’m trying.  Most of it is an easy read, but some just throw me for a loop.  & then there’s the “fat fingered”  oops, that really get my head scratching.  But thans for all the input & help & patience with a “newbie”.  :-)

• If you run in to any more abbreviations you don’t understand, just ask here and we’ll let you know, fast!

• Quick Primer-
    Country turn number
    G1, G2,… (Germany turn 1, turn 2,…)
    R1, (Russia turn 1)
    J1, (Japan turn 1)
    A1 or US1, (US turn 1)
    C1, (China turn 1)
    B1 or UK1, (UK turn 1)
    I1, (Italy turn 1)
    A1 or ANZAC1 (A1 if using US1 for US; ANZAC turn 1)
    F1, (France turn 1)

Units:
    Inf - Infantry
    Art - Artillery
    Mech - Mechanized Infantry
    Arm - Tanks
    Ftr - Fighter
    Bmr - Bomber
    AA - Anti aircraft gun
    IC - Industrial Complex (minor or major)
    NB - Naval Base
    AB - Air Base
    CV - Aircraft Carrier
    BB - Battleship
    CA - Cruiser
    DD - Destroyer
    SS - Submarine
    Trn or TT - Transport

Did I miss anything?

• Z1, Z2… or SZ1, SZ2… - Sea zone #1, Sea zone #2
    SBR - strategic bombing run
    BMB or SB - strategic bomber (alternatives to Bmr)
    TAC or TB - tactical bomber
    B1 (British turn 1)

Oh, and the game programs we use may have 3 or 4 letter abbreviations for every territory, so we often use abbreviations for territories.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m