• Hi,

I recently got a present from “santa” a few days ago and it is Europe 1940 second edition.

Q1. When does the United States join the war in Europe?

Q2. In the “Flag” chips why are their a chip of the Uk color as in Yellow, blue, white, and red,. and the now version of the British flag?

but overall I love the game I cant wait to combine the pacific first Edition with my new Europe  :-D

Thanks!

• Germany and Italy can declare war on the US at the start of any round. If that doesn’t happen then the US can declare war at the end of their third turn.

The flag chip is for UK pacific forces ( India). You would use that when you’re combining the Europe board and Pacific board to play a global game. They’re included in the Europe game, but you don’t really need them if you’re not combining the boards.

Enjoy playing your new game!

• '16

To add onto captain walker’s response…
    The reason behind those 2 flag chips is to keep track of India’s money to avoid confusion. All UK forces move and attack at the same time in Global, but Britain and India have seperate economies. Both sides of the board use the yellow-blue-white-red flags for control purposes and to track Britain’s economy.

So the two Union Jack chips have no role whatsoever in just Europe 1940.

• alright thanks for the help

so to use those chips i would have to buy the Pacific second edition?

• Official Q&A

Not necessarily.  You can use the 1st edition Pacific game you already have.  You just need to use the 2nd edition setup, found here.  The only thing you’ll be missing out on are the cool new toys in the 2nd edition game.

• TripleA '12

What cool new toys? I don’t have it yet…

• Hi Loz. Italy has its own sculpts and everyone has AAA(some you will have seen in Pacific)
    and all have new Artillery from 2nd Edit 42.
    Have probably forgotten something.
    Hope you have been well and had a good Christmas.

• TripleA '12

Hi Wittmann,
    Thanks for that mate, I know what you mean now. I have still to get this 2nd Edition version, but hopefully won’t leave it too long…

• I got mine from
    “santa” which by far one of the best Christmas gift.  :-D

another question

Europe 1940 second edition, i have France conquered and and few france units in Uk now what do i do for france? are they out of the game?

• @Tbone36:

I got mine from
    “santa” which by far one of the best Christmas gift.   :-D

another question

Europe 1940 second edition, i have France conquered and and few france units in Uk now what do i do for france? are they out of the game?

They still have their turn, they just can’t do anything besides attack or help defend.

• If you liberate France

would France get a bonus income and men? how does it work?

• '16

When you liberate Paris, France can then place 12 IPCs worth of units in that territory IMMEDIATELY.
    Just know that this bonus happens only once in the game.

So, if USA liberated Paris, France can then place 4 infantry, or 3 artillery or 2 tanks or any combination of units into that territory
    as long as the total value of french units being placed is less than or equal to 12 IPCs.

That’s all there is to it. When the French turn is up, they still won’t have any money to spend (Unless they somehow captured a capital…) but they will be able to collect income.

• Customizer

Tbone36,

––I might suggest you check-out the HBG website to see all of the units and other “stuff” that’s available for all versions of the game. HBG is also in the process of producing many new, highly detailed units of their own. It’s a Great company run by a highly passionate A&A player. Here’s the website address

http://www.historicalboardgaming.com/

“Tall Paul”

• im looking at the website now…
        (pretty cool stuff)

Another question

The research and development chart is only used for Global? or can i use it Europe?

• Official Q&A

Officially, it’s only for Global.  However, there’s nothing to stop you from using it in Europe.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m