• Which is your favorite and why?

I like austria because i’m part austrian and I believe they get the most action! 8)

• i ahvent played it but i really want to, is it really fun? but i chose Germany because im German :lol:

• Technically, Diplomacy isn’t an A&A variant, this should be in other games.

• Austria-Hungary!

I’ve only played about 3 times, but they have the best starting positions.

• I think russia is the worst though…

• Yeah Russia’s damn hard to defend.

• 2007 AAR League

I haven’t played this game either but I do want to. Do you guys think it is worth it? Thanks :D.

• I’d say to buy it… I’d say its very simple though! Not as complex as Axis and allies! More of a diplomatic game than a war game… If you have 2 units vs. 1 unit the 2 always win, which i don’t believe is always true! You’ll have to decide if diplomatic games are what you like!

• 2007 AAR League

Hey thanks for the help. Is there actually fighting in diplomacy? What’s the goal of the game? Thanks a lot :D!!!

Never played but I have read the rules… The Taking of territory is accomplished by superior force… Diplomacy plays the main roll because people seperate between play and make alliances, strategies jokint attack plans or backstabbing… :cry: …You look over small maps to make plans, write them out secretly and play them simultaneously…whacko but sounds great to me! would like to get it…

GG

• Hi all, been trolling here for a while, but here goes: 1st post ;)

Have been playing Machiavelli (a advanced Diplomacy variant) for 3 sessions now, and that game is the bomb

You are generally too weak to do anything by yourself, so you have to make pacts with other players. Which can be broken when the time is ripe, of course.

I never had so much intense discussing, lying, manipulating and deceit in a game, I’d advise everyone to try it. Be careful though, you might lose friends over this game…

-McGee

@McGee:

Hi all, been trolling here for a while, but here goes: 1st post ;)

Have been playing Machiavelli (a advanced Diplomacy variant) for 3 sessions now, and that game is the bomb

You are generally too weak to do anything by yourself, so you have to make pacts with other players. Which can be broken when the time is ripe, of course.

I never had so much intense discussing, lying, manipulating and deceit in a game, I’d advise everyone to try it. Be careful though, you might lose friends over this game…

-McGee

your a naturaul me lad!great post… better than mine! I didn’t see the Machevelli Variant in the rule book… where is it?

• As much as i whine about luck in all the AAA’s, i think i like the element of luck! In diplomacy, 2 poorly trained russian units wouldn’t have automaticly beaten well- trained german troops! So in a way, i don’t like diplomacy! :cry:

@MuthaRussia:

As much as i whine about luck in all the AAA’s, i think i like the element of luck! In diplomacy, 2 poorly trained russian units wouldn’t have automaticly beaten well- trained german troops! So in a way, i don’t like diplomacy! :cry:

Russian units in WW1 were still good… HTey drove the Germans back in the Beginning of the war…

GG

• @Guerrilla:

your a naturaul me lad!great post… better than mine! I didn’t see the Machevelli Variant in the rule book… where is it?

Hehe thanks I guess ;)

Machiavelli was a separate game Avalon Hill game based on the original Diplomacy. It features feuding warlords in the greater Italy region.

Not too sure about what’s in Diplomacy exactly but Machiavelli has fleets, fortified cities, random famine, assasination and rebellions.

It is discontinued though :(

happy hiking.

-McGee

• '19 Moderator

I think if you are a fast talker Russia is the best.

• @dezrtfish:

I think if you are a fast talker Russia is the best.

Which i am not! Russia sucks as a czarist government! Stupid monarch government, A communist russia is much stronger! :lol:

• i am jus playing the World War 4 variant with about 30 freinds from school (althought now it is down to about 20).

• @i_killed_mufasa:

i am jus playing the World War 4 variant with about 30 freinds from school (althought now it is down to about 20).

What is this? :o
    TELL ME!

• I like France because they are able to play the ‘victim’ quite well at the same time they can expand slightly as to make themselves slightly stronger so that the major combantants in the Austro/Russo/Turkish wars will not care much about you except as an ally. It seems either Germany, England or both will try to invade France which often garners support from the other powers.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m