Emergency overproduction at VCs

• Emergency overproduction.

If a minor or major industrial complex is located in a territory with a Victory City, a player may decide to temporarily increase output by mobilizing up to 3 extra infantry units beyond the normal limits of the IC (i.e. normally 3 for minors; 10 for majors).  This emergency overproduction of infantry represents conscription of factory workers, prison inmates, insane people, women and children for frontline duty.  The reallocation of civilians away from industrial production results in a loss of the skills and knowledge of the workforce, and this loss of future production capacity is represented by a penalty of 2 damage points to the industrial complex per infantry unit mobilized beyond the normal limit of the IC.  Emergency infantry units can only be mobilized if the normal capacity of the IC is used to its maximum (i.e. you cannot mobilize emergency infantry without also mobilizing 3 or 10 regular units).

Example:
    The Soviet player fears that Leningrad may be captured imminently and decides to mobilize 3 tanks and 3 emergency infantry units.  The Leningrad IC has already received 4 damage due to SBR, so he pays $4 to repair damages, $18 for the tanks, $9 for the infantry, and places 6 new damage chips under the Leningrad IC.  If Germany attacks and occupies Leningrad, the captured IC will still have the 6 damage and Germany will have to pay to repair it before units can be mobilized.  If Germany fails to occupy Leningrad and the Soviet player wishes to mobilize more units in Leningrad on a following turn, he will have to repair the damages.

• i dont like it. good idea but if you know you will lose the territory, you are inflicting extra damage to the attackers by getting more inf and damaging their IC.

• Scorched earth  :evil:

This house rule would almost always benefit the allies in the first half of the game (e.g. Leningrad, Calcutta, maybe London) and help balance out the axis advantage.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

@Keodis:

i dont like it. good idea but if you know you will lose the territory, you are inflicting extra damage to the attackers by getting more inf and damaging their IC.

This is exactly why I like it!

Especially if it’s such a pitch battle… that you might WIN! :P

Send the children to the front LOL… Vance…

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m